do you judge people by appearance?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
do you judge people by appearance
Hej Karolina !
I never judge people by thej appearance I wait until I get to know them well
and you??Do you judge people by thej apperance??
Well, I believe that everyone judges others by their appearance, and those who deny that are either hypocrites or simply wrong.

Unfortunately, presumptions about others are totally unavaidable no matter how mych effeort we put in trying to follow the old good saying "Don't judge the book by its cover" and be open-minded.
I don't claim here, that producing opinins about the others basing solely on their looks means that we pay attention to brands of clothes or whether some ne is beautiful or not, although this definitely happens as well.

Judging might be a bad word here, though, but if we are careful observers, we can draw certain conclusions and learn a lot by looking at a person.

First of all, facial features reaveal knowledge about the particular individual. The face of a person who smiles a lot, and this is a sincere smile differs substantially from the face of a person who is sullen. And basing on the frequency of smiling and laughing certain character traits can well be determined. Secondly, if a person reads a lot and has some intellecttual effort it also shows in one face, as special muscles are used, so it is pure anatomy, isn't it?

The next thing are clothes. And I don;t say here that we' re given the right to infer whther some way of dressing is decent/fashionalbe or the oposite, but we do learn a lot about people by looking at theior clothes.
For instance, unusual attire, can mean that the person is creative and/or wants to stick out form the crowd, which means that they don;t take too much notice of what the others might say. If a person wears conventional clothes that everybody else wears, it might mean such a person has quite a conventional life and praises traditional values, and meybe is even a bit of a conformist, as they are afraid of shoking others. Etc.
Finally, as far as clothes are concerned, with young people, we can make out what sort of music those poeple listen to, and what interests they have, and/or what subculture they belong to.

The obvious thing is, that we sunconsciously serach for people who are somehow similar to us. And the way they dress, move, speak, look ect. are elements indicating whther we like that particular person or not.

Rgds.
KOciamama.
Yes, I judge people by appearances, but of course if I want to know somebody better, that's not enough. It is scientifically proven, however, that when you meet a stranger you create an opinion of him/her during the first two minutes by simply looking at him/her and comparing his/her appearance with others you have stored in your memory. And you did it in a mechanical, uncoscious way.
So, basically, this proves, that Kociamama is absolutely right.
Yes, I judge people by their appearance, but I must add - to some extent.
Other people's apperance suggest us what to think about them (I'm repeating that, what Kociamama wrote;). I'll give you an example.

I'm seeing a nice person, smiling and generally looking sympathic and next to her there is a person, who is looking depressed, tired and unwilling to talk to anyone.
Well, this first one is an example of a person, who seems interesting to me. I like her - at once. But it can turn out, that except for her nice appearance she has nothing - she's envious, self-centred etc.

To sum up, a person can be extremely well-dressed, rich and charming but real advantages are much more important for me. Of course, I will get to know these "real advantages" later - but it isn't such a tremendous trouble. First impression is important, but not the most important.
Well, actually, again it has been scientifically proven, that fisrt impressions last longest. Gnerally, most poeple subconsciously form an opinion about another person within first few seconds, perhaps minutes of the meeting. And once we have made our judgement, changing it is a very difficult task, despite we believe those are the virtues of the soul that we praise.

The example you gave, that a person seems pessimistic at fisrt glance, as a result of a temporary bad mood, or sth else, is not entirely accurate. A pessimistic person will also attract certain poeple, those who don't go for the keep-smiling attitude. Pessimist is not synonymous with hostile;)

Rgds,
KOciamama.

P.S. All things considered, I'm usually wrong about my first impressions. As when sb really gets on my nerves when seeing them for the first time, later on it turns out to be a kindred soul.
hi i hope u okey if u wana talk to me in english evry day i can call u and talk wid you any way im cool still from london if u wana give me ur number this is my email [email]
Deer to who u write?
Yes, of course I judge people by appearances. I suck, I do know that. But try not to judge Johnny Depp or other hotties by appearances.
Duh, I was only joking. *wink wink*
Cheerio!
yes, i often judge people by appearance, but I know that it's not the most important....and I never evince negative feelings for (to ?) the this people.
Actually even if I know I shouldn't judge people by appearance and other sightable factors, I do judge peple by the way they look.

I am not pretty and I know how it hurts when others don;t let your real nature to show off but I still do it. Do you know the remedy?? Please help
I think that judge people by appearance is normal. It's in our gene. Everybody do it. But it's important how you do it and how much you base on it. You can't "hate" for his face - it's not his fault, he born with it. Usually we're looking at sb's clothes, way of moving, talking etc. and then judge him. It's our attepmt at adapting, comparing with us. When we accept person or he look for us interesting then we try to get to know him better.
I usually judge people by the appearance... especially the girls...
But... so...
The pretty girls make me shy... and I would never go with any everywhere...

(Sorry for my prospective mistakes...)
I usually start at floor level and look at shoes - (mens shoes), which tell me 'everything' about a man. I believe that men start from the head and work downwards when looking at a woman. Nobody's perfect, but none of us ever get a second chance to make a first impression.
Keeping this topic at the forum is useless. It looks as if we were talking about some Matura topic! Nothing more but getting bored to death!
intelligent people never get bored;) How about some initiative instead of devastating criticism?

Rgds,
KOciamama.
>intelligent people never get bored;

Really? I think I am intelligent and I got bored talking on and on about the same topics! Maybe there still exist people prepared to ramble on for hours about nothing... And simply you indentify with them ...
Yeah, you got me there Mr/s genius;) Simple people like me enjoy talking about different subjects. So c'mon, let me have a little insight into the kingdom of the superclever ones, and say sth worth remebering/reflecting on/discussing;)
Waiting,
Kociamama.
>Simple people like me enjoy
>talking about different subjects.

I nearly laughed my head off ... Judging people by appearance is for you some kind of variety ("different subject").... I dread to think how you were brought up ...
Be careful. or you might hurt yourself if you laugh your head off;> Don't get overemotional, it's just a forum;) Otherwise expensive medication might be needed, and nobody would like that, right?

Well, Yeah, I agree, simple poeple like me talk about simple subject, not as much sophisticated as the ones that you take up while having conversations. anyway, you haven't dared to mention so far what those exquisite conversations of your are about;)

Rgds,
Kociamama.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa