Ile przeczytaliście książek w j.angielskim?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
121-143 z 143
| następna
I would like to apologize for my basic mistakes and I promise that I'll try not to make them anymore.
dobra stary - potrafie wskazać
i sam się śmieję niekiedy z tego co napisałem :d

Ale już luuuuz będe pisał uważniej i wolniej (błędów będzie mniej zdecydowanie) napewno tych podstawowych

Pozdrawiam
kurde!!!! TEMAT POSTU TO KSIAZKI !!!

byl ciekawy do czasu...a teraz jakies dziecinne zagrywki i przepychanaki! zloozujcie sie bo to dziecinada!!!
i jest git :-)
a co do ksiązek to czytam sobie właśnie

The Ages of Gaia (a biography of our living earth) written by James Loveock

Hmm, in this book James describes, for both scientists, his new theory of evolution. He explains how the appearance of life on Earth nearly four billion years ago irreversibly changed our planet so that life and the material Earth evolved together as a single system, Gaia, and not separately as conventionally taught.

I think, that he explains ( I haven't finished reading) his inspirational Gaia theory in detail and outlines the history of the Earth from a geophysiologist's point of view, from the first signs of life in the Archean to the present day.

He also warns us of the damage man is causing to natural ecosystems as well as the physical threats of greenhouse gases and depletion of the ozone layer to our planet.

I hope I didn't make any mistake:d

Cheers
Oh, the book is great;) How are you finding it? This theory really does make sense to me, and reading it, my impressions were, how come people hadn't developed such an attitude before? His reasoning is so logical that I, though a layman in the area of science, adopted the ideas, as well as beginning to wonder why whould anyone oppose the theory.
As for the mistakes;> well you seem to have copied pasrt of the intro. And I would dare to evaluate Lovelock's linguistic performance;>
As for the mistakes;> well you seem to have copied pasrt of the intro. And I would dare to evaluate Lovelock's linguistic performance;>
Naturally, I would NOT dare to evaluate Lovelock's performance;) (sorry for the mistake)
wiecie może skąd się wywodzi powiedzenie "jest git'? bo chyba nie z angielskiego:))
http://sjp.pwn.pl/haslo.php?id=16754

jidysz! (a ja myślałem, że z francuskiego)
dzieki serdeczne!!! ciekawe pochodzenie:)
well, I've changed intro a little bit and added sth from myself:d

How are you finding it?
it's readible athough I have had a small problem with understanding it.
Basicly when he develops his theory about "Exploring Daisyworld" I've had some problems either.

tell me what the Daisyworld is??

Is it a planet of the same size as the Earth, orbiting a sun just like ours?
If I remember well and got it right (as I'm not a scientist, but this book is aimed at laymen as well)

Daisyworld is not a real planet that actually exists, but it's purpose is to serve as a model in order to explain certain phenomena, namely how climate is created only basing on the amount of light that a planet reflects.
Lovelock says that if there were a planet with this one plant species, there would be a certain numer of them (daisies) and a certaion temperature would be preserved. If the temperature is favorable more white daisies will grow. The more of them grows, the more light is reflected and the temperature falls down as a result of it, so consequently, there will be fewer daisies later on, as they will not grow in lower temperatures. And then the cycle might repeat.

I guess. The point of this model is to present, how Gaia regulates all the process in order to preserve equlibirum referred to as homeostasis.
You remember well:d
How long were you reading this book and did you check many words out in dictionary while reading?

How many years ago have you read this book? /I turned 19 /isn't too early to comprehend it utterly?

I thought so, that Daisyworld doesn't exist in reality.
As far as I remember he divided it into black daisiy and white one.

The black daisies with its darker petals is better at absorbing light for photosynthesis than the white daisy. However, white daisy is (as you almost mentioned) better at reflecting light than the black one, so it can avoid overheating and dying.

But why is he saying that maths constrains natural phenomena?
nic nie rozumiem toi jakas chinsszyzno czy ten no weno Angielski no :) wrescie rzeczowo congratulation:)

napisal bym co po englishu ale nie umiem :)

Recently I have been reading intoxicating book by Michael Dobbs- House of Card :) very good piece of writing:) Roughly speaking the plot is based on politics affairs :) A hugely enjoyable read :P:P:P
I read the book last year and I was 20 then. But I don' think age a crucial factor in understanding it (well, if you;re more than let's say 16 or 18 and you have already devolped an ability of abstract thinking).

The book is written in such a way that laymen can grasp the ideas and the theory posed there. I didn't chceck a lot of words either, but as I wrote before now i check around 5 words per book, but I started reading in english when i was 15.

Returning to the content of the book itself, Lovelock is not trying to say that math contrains natural phenomena (it can't, math is just a language for describing abstract terms, physiscs is the study the desrcibes reality by means of mathematical formulas) The point is that Gaia is a self-regulating organism. the Earth is not treated as sepearate elements that have nothing to do with one another, but all the components contitute Gaia's body, in very much the same way as human body works.

All the species existing on our planet are opmpared to the cells and tissues that our body is bulit of, and all of them lay a crucial role. If some of them are overly abundant, it means that the netural balance is disturbed, so Gaia will make attempts at redressing the original harmony (homeostasis). It's in the same was as human body will try to combat the too big number of white blood cells (leucocytes), when we catch a cold.
Muszę wrócić do tej sprawy:

Rozmowa z dr. Nasiadką nie wyglądała tak, jak ją opisuje Merix.

Dr Nasiadka miał takie samo zdanie na temat tamtej konstrukcji jak wszystkie znające dobrze angielski osoby, które brały udział w tej niesmacznej dyskusji.

Żałuję, że nie dowiedziałem się o tym wcześniej. Rozmowa z zainteresowanym w piątek wyjaśniłaby wszelkie wątpliwości i wiele przykrych słów sprowokowanych nieadekwatnym przekazaniem treści odpowiedzi dr. Nasiadki nie zostałoby napisanych.

Mam nauczkę. Nie powinienem wdawać się w polemiki zasadzające się na błędnym cytowaniu czyichś wypowiedzi, zwłaszcza gdy autor wypowiedzi jest cenionym pracownikiem naukowym i dydaktykiem.
Oj, nieładnie!!! Pani mg
Do matury przeczytałem tylko jedną lekturę: "W małym dworku" – podkreślam dosyć krótka ona była a zdałem ustny na 5 .
a skąd wiadomo jakie książki obwiązują w danym roku?
Nie mam pojęcia, może z 40? 50? Podczas lektury nie sprawdzam nigdy słówek, bo mi się nie chce, staram się wydedukować znaczenie z kontekstu :P
mieszkam w Londynie 2 lata przeczytalam dziescia - napewno mniej niz setke ksiazek po angielsku ani jednej w Polscernpoziom cpe przekroczylam jakis czas temu, nie podchodze bo ani to nikogo nie interesuje jaki mam papier i czy wogole, ani mi do szczescia nie potrzebny, tu przynajmniej przydatna jest wiedza praktyczna i dlatego tu jestemrnod lutego zaczytam translatoryke, do tej pory cos bede musiala zdac bo wymagaja przy przyjeciu na studiarnrnale mmimo wszystko powodzeniarnzawsze lubilam czytac i dlatego to robie tym razem w czwartym juz jezykurnmam 24 lata i do piero do sredniej szkoly chodzilam we wrocku bo jestem ze wsirnpowodzenia wszystkim nie trzeba byc geniuszem do zdania cpe- trzeba chciecrnrnP.S. wybaczcie literowki, dopiero jakis czas jestem na kursie speed development i jeszcze czasem mi nie idziernrnpa
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
121-143 z 143
| następna