Would you be so kind as to check this book review?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Moi mili,

Czy znajdziecie chwilę na przeczytanie poniższej recenzji i podzielenie się uwagami? Przygotowuję się śpiesznie do CPE, zdając sobie sprawę, że writing jest moim najsłabszym punktem. Zadałam sobie temat: "Write a review of a science-fiction book", bez jakichś szczególnych doprecyzowań;)

Pisałam bez słownika, ale starałam się użyć jak najwięcej słów, których nauczyłam się niedawno z McCarthy'ego i tym podobnych publikacji.

Bardzo proszę o konstruktywną krytykę.
Przepraszam, nie wkleiłam pracy.

Who says "impossible"?

Despite the achievements of Stanislaw Lem and Italo Calvino whose works received rave reviews, many high-brow readers look down on those who indulge themselves with science fiction. The problem with most sci-fi stories is that they seem too far-fetched to be taken seriously, with all the aliens, future state-of-the-art technologies that often seem ridiculous, and the characters from the future invented to amaze rather than make us sympathize with them. Moreover, the plot often seems to develop only in order to stuff the potential movie adaptations with special effects.
Having said that, we should avoid such stereotypical assesment of all science fiction publications. The fact that there are hundreds of dumbing-down sitcoms does not imply that nothing shown on TV can be valuable. The same has to be stated about science fiction stories.
If you are looking for moving, memorable reading, why not try some of Connie Willis' fiction? Don't let the sci-fi label mislead you - it is not hackneyed images of the future that her writing is all about. Willis' "Impossible Things" collection is indeed set in the future, but it is not the kind of future that we are used to after watching Hollywood blockbusters. On the contrary, when you start turning pages of her stories, you will find their plots both brilliantly creative and moving. Some of them seem only hilarious (e.g. the future of menstruation pictured in "Even the Queen"), but when one thinks it over, they give a genuine insight in the problems of the mankind (in this very case, the impact of the feminist movement on women's lives).
How come? Connie Willis is certainly a virtuoso of imagination. Basing on our today's, common problems, she considers their implications and developes stories which no one else would probably think of, but which are on the other hand so realistic that readers will consider them highly believable. After reading "Impossible things" I doubt anything is impossible. Maybe one thing only - that you will regret reading Willis's stories.
budujesz troszke za dlugie zdania
"it is not hackneyed images" a moze raczej- it is not a hackneyed image?
Maybe one thing only-Maybe only one thing.poskracaj zdania bo take dlugie traca sens
On the contrary, when you start turning THE pages of her stories...
... genuine insight inTO the problems of 'the' (bez the) mankind
...Basing on our 'today's, common' (mozna everyday) problems, she considers Maybe 'one thing only' (only one thing)..that you will regret reading Willis's..
Dziękuję Wam bardzo, z uwagami się zgadzam. Niestety mam problemy ze składnią i nigdy nie wiem, gdzie takie np. only wstawić... Za długie zdania, powiadacie? Hmm, możliwe... Z drugiej strony pamiętam książkę, którą parę lat temu tłumaczyłam na polski, tam każde zdanie było dłuższe niż moje najdłuższe;-) ale faktycznie było to męczące bardzo.

Czy ktoś z Was zechciałby jeszcze w jednej sprawie mi dopomóc? Po napisaniu tego tekstu stwierdziłam, że to chyba nie jest prawdziwa recenzja... Tzn. za mało tu o fabule... Ja nie znoszę opisywać, o czym książka jest, ale tu prawie wcale tego nie uwzględniłam. Zwróciliście na to uwagę? Czy to nie dyskwalifikowałoby takiego wypracowanka na CPE?

Pozdrawiam i raz jeszcze dzięki!
basing on today's common problems
indulge chodzi z IN a nie With
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

»

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia