o ktorej sprawdzic wyniki online?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-60 z 68
to someone who is stunned by someone else's lexical artistry, content doesn't matter and form is content, right? :-)
Content vs form ? It’s very interesting dear Ika :) Well , if content is supposed to be something what is actually written and form is something how it’s written and separation between these two must be sustained in crystalline purity then we can fall into a trap of gradually evaporating any form from our writing. Then you can read newspapers where only one form of writing is maintained – formally informative.
What content would one expect from a couple of lines on the forum ? Content is more or less a skeleton of actual facts given right , and the form is a framework , a mere embroidery of the former ? So if your friend wouldn’t allow the form to predominate over content then may be he’s right. Once the form dictated content and not otherwise if you think about poetry. Ask any contemporary poet what equipoise he would prefer to achieve. I don’t think our “two rivals" would be in bilateral symmetry with content leading in. But I understand that as our societies have developed in their complexity our “stream of consciousness” ( make your friend look up this phrase in a good monolingual dictionary) has become more streamlined towards some efficiency but at the cost of the form. Of course content is crucial and I would admit that my “form’’ still prevails among content whatever unfledged and scanty it is but I think that labeling my humble thoughts a mere “mounting a steed” , putting it literally, would alone be a serious abuse. I’m not a pitcher believe me .:) If you described something more than in four adjectives which were not necessarily two-syllable ones trimming your content with some similative metaphors would you classify yourself as a pure formalist without a second thought? But I’m not saying I’m right. :)
Ask your friend to contribute his own “contentive” thoughts in writing on this subject so that I could fully comprehend why I should limit my loquacious verbosity , I repeat - his “own raw thoughts’ and not just an “essay” padding out in advance. But what are we actually talking about here after all? If it’s about mastery of a second language which is English then we’ve already gained some required fluency , don’t you think ? :) And what is more importantly in my case so that if a target reader understands me fully with the all ambiguous traces of burlesque irony and sarcasm towards myself or others (which fact would already reflect well on him in terms of his knowledge of English) than I can probably say that I’m good enough at putting my ideas across in English.
Warm regards .

p.s.Was my post enough beefy in content over the form according to you ? :)
Form versus content:
Sav, I believe we have had this discussion before.
I maintain it is about striking a balance between the two, in a way that both the writer and the reader can enjoy. The writer should have the ability to express his personal style without impairing the reader's ability to understand and process the content.
Your florid vocabulary sometimes obscures content. It makes your writing difficult/challenging to understand and enjoy (and you know I enjoy it even though I mutter about it). I suppose it comes down to: who/what are you writing for or to? For your own pleasure? To express your ideas/thoughts/feelings in a cogent fashion? To engage in dialogue? To showcase your vocabulary?

Have you considered taking a Uni level English writing course? Your English is obviously good enough and I know you love language and words. Why not have someone qualified** to guide you through your journey of prose? I think this is an excellent idea, so don't dismiss it out of hand. Make some inquiries Savvy.
You, moj drogi, have a soul of a poet.

qualified*** - you harbour certain prejudices about ivory tower "inteligentsia". You need to get over it. If I had had the opportunity to share a drink with you, believe me I would have harangued you about this mercilessly my friend and countered EVERY silly argument you would have put forward. In fact, I probably would have kicked your sorry *ss to the University myself.
I have a unique way of showing I like someone don't cha think? :)
I would probably agree with you in large measure but only if my "padding" blured the distinction between the main idea contained therein and understanding of the potential reader. :) Then I suppose I'll have subjugate my "writing" and render it expunged from any superfluous sophistry.:)

Btw , do you eat onions ? I'm just eating them raw. Eat the every day , they have very good anti-cancer medicinal properties. :)
*to
..and garlic .. :)
don't want to talk to you about damn onions
writing course???
Didn't want to offend you with onions :) Sorry , but they are really good :)
evasive maneuvering...stop side-stepping the issue

onions/garlic: you're making me less regretful about meeting you in person
goes directly to the question of "why do you write" and "who do you write for"

Yes, writing can be a solitary endeavour, but so can dance and sex.
Way more fun when others are involved. :)
It's too bad but I don't eat them every day of course :)
Your point makes sense as for writing I guess but sex might be regarded as whatchamacallit.. "playing with yourself ?:)
I can't take you up on this point and you're right I think , you see I'm not destitute of deductive logic:)
I forgot to add why I would agree with you : simply because your idea requires no further elucidation and this is what weighs in favor of it :) It's as simple as that.:)
You agree with me because I'm right. :)

writing course??
Why not ? What the heck :)
::::)))))))
Aren't you glad we're friends?
Of course I'am glad :) You see , sometimes people don't have to meet each other in person in order to develop a certain bond of frienship . This is what we call the power of words and delivery of our thoughts I guess. Though talk is cheap as they say we can still revel in enjoyment coming from it.
As for the writing course: I can already hear and see the imperious schoolars scowling and glowering at my essays :)
glowering scholars: Keep an open mind. You'll be giving him/her something to talk about over the dinner table. :) Soul mates pop up in the strangest places.

"certain bond of frienship .>This is what we call the power of words and delivery of our thoughts"
due to the fact that I own a big machete (to whack my way through your prose)
:)
..and also means that the you're the oldest inhabitant of the said ivory tower :)
the oldest inhabitant of the said
>ivory tower :)
surrounded by nubile sweet things...

Do I have to do all the work around here? Don't you have any imagination at all? Sheesh.
< Do I have to do all the work around here? Don't you have any imagination at all? Sheesh.

What can I say dear , nothing but I know someone who can or rather did , you know him too : "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Albert Einstein

Another quote which wraps me in rumination :
"Certain defects are necessary for the existence of individuality." Don't remember whose one is this , just have it somewhere in my notes.
Elegant wrap up. :)

Nice chatting.
Have to finish up a report.
pa
Sav, I believe we have had this discussion before.
>I maintain it is about striking a balance between the two, in a way
>that both the writer and the reader can enjoy. The writer should have
>the ability to express his personal style without impairing the
>reader's ability to understand and process the content.

O! To mi się podoba!
Najlepszymi artystami (pisarze, poeci) są Ci, którzy potrafią mówić o rzeczach trudnych w możliwie najprostszy i wystarczająco jednoznaczny sposób.

By the way lobię poetów, artystów i ich miłośników ;) piszecie dalej coś o przyjaźni (wybaczcie brak wnikliwości) więc podzielę się z Wami piosenką, której aktualnie słucham. Może znacie, może nie..

Jason Mraz w osobie własnej...
;) :)
great summer tune. I'm a fan.

Ika:Don't by shy about joining the discussion. Sav and I get a little carried away and tend to "hijack" the thread we're on.
Good song Ika , you give in to a sort of ambient mood, right ?
As for poetry : sometimes and I would say more ofetn than usual we need to "process" the poetry we read as it's written rather in allegorical and imaginative form which makes it harder for some who have problems with reading "betwen the lines" :)
hang on.
Right
Dzięki
Ika listen to Mark King bass solo, it's awesome and one of my favorite modern jazz piece ,it literally sends shivers down my spine,listen the whole piece. Enjoy the effortless artistry of the highest order .:)

This is what we as learnes should speak English like :)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-60 z 68

« 

CAE - sesja wiosna 2009

»

Pomoc językowa