www.talkcity.com

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
I\'ve jut log out the chat on www.talkcity.com. people there are a little weird, don\'t you think?They are too stupid to understand that someone who lives in other country doesn\'t know every word in their language. They don\'t care you try. They would rather laugh at you. and they don\'t know where is Poland, even that somewhere there is a country called Poland. One of them thought I mean London...
thanks for the warning ;-)
Sounds like all around nice and friendly Americans... They don\'t teach them geography very well and most of them don\'t have a clue who their neighbors are/ or that they have any for that matter. That\'s them. :)
I don\'t think so. I have been talking with many TalkCity\'s people - they have never seemed to laugh at me, rather willing to develope their knowledge about Poland. :-)
Or Kiwis... It\'s amazing but many of them don\'t realize that in Europe are countries - they think of Europe as one big country with cities like Rome, Greece, Netherlands... And this is not the worst case - once one very pleasant bank manager asked me where do i come from and after getting to know my address: Poland in Europe he said: Oh, it\'s not far from here, is it? The guy didn\'t have the slightest idea what i was talking about... Europe... Europe... Too small village to notice i suppose :-)
I agree with Laila,it\'s sad truth:(A lot of foreginers care only about their country and don\'t want to explore another.Unfortunately it isn\'t new for me that somebody doesn\'t now anything about Poland.One day I met a French girl who thought that our country is situated in Australia!!!Greetings for all who know when Poland is and what beautiful and nice country it is:)
Why do you complain about foreingers who know almost nothing about the geography of the world. Haven\'t you noticed that many Poles are exactly like that as well? That they know next to zero about other countries, their capitals, their places of interests? We aren\'t much that different.

And once I was realy very surprised when I answered the question about my hometown and the guy asked \'hey, isn\'t it where the battle took place...?\' Gee, I was surprised, especially that it is just a little town.
I agree with you. Who knows every country or city in e.g. Africa?
Laila, people from countries like USA or sth like to make laugh of us. Just because we live in Poland.
A friend of mine has been to Weltjugentag (or sth like that:P) and he was annoyed, whenever they were asked by Americans, where did they come from, after saying 'in Poland', they just asked 'where is Poland'.
So one day my friend decided to ask American
'where do you come from?'
'USA'
'oh, where is that?'
The American was really shocked after thhat conversation:P
Great! This should teach them something!
it's not that bad as it may seem. I've been chatting on tc for about 2 years, i am always in the india room. In this room there are many indians, but also regular chatters from other countires such as estonia, slovenia, slovakia, scotland, germany, and so on. mabbe try looking harder? :)
well, I was very disgusted during my stay in Usa, when I was couple of times asked whether in Poland we have cars, refrigerators, microvawes and skyscrapres. on hearing such questions once again I said that Polish people live in caves and use flints to light a fire.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Studia językowe

»

Pomoc językowa