English weddings

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Hello,
I have just got back from a(nother) wedding (I attended more English weddings than Polish ones). It got me wondering what other people\'s experiences are.

I attended this one as a guest/photographer. As a result, I am completely drained; could not drink, was running around like a blue-arsed fly taking group photos and snapshots of the wedding guests. Luckily, there were two men who helped me rounding people for the shots.

Do you want to share your experience as a guest?

:o)
Well, I attended Polish weddings only. Always as a guest;) What was interesting in that? Not much apart from the fact that Almost always I was not a member of any family; my friends asked me to go with them and since they\'re nice girls I always agreed at once:) What about poeople there? Well, they usually thought I am a member-of-the-family-to-come so drank with me, talked, asked when we are about to get mariied. Well - it was imposiible to explain I\'m only a friend..:) Everybody said \"oh, come on, rise a toast with your new family\". HeHeHe Cheers then!
Unfortunately I have been to more funerals lately than weddings. Anyone would like to share funeral stories with me?
sure, so tell. please
But it isn\'t that funny! Everybidy cries and you have to pay your condolesces to somebody or (which is worse) get ones:( I\'d rather stick to the weddings.
When the time comes you can still chuckle while you mourn. They say it\'s a healthy way of dealing with passing and grief...
Just a little observation or two...
Has anyone noticed that when the grieving family and friends gather for the viewing, they approach the casket one by one and say:
\" Oh, Mildred you look so beautiful and peaceful!\" or
\"Look at Oscar, he looks so serene and happy and his wrinkles are all gone!\".

The point I am trying to make is that oftentimes during Mildred\'s or Oscar\'s life no one ever told them they looked beautiful, happy and peaceful. I think that we have a problem when undertakers make us look as lifelike as possible because it\'s hard to feel bad for somebody who looks better than you do.

These are my last 2 funeral cents :)
Dunno.....I have not attended an English wedding :(
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

English only