Take a look

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Because there is not a great variety of topics in the English only board I decided to start some new matters. Because of that I have a simple question: do you have some unfulfilled dreams? Something that you wanted to do in the past but you were unable to do as you where younger? Something that you wanted to do but you were afraid to do? It is not necessery to write your life story :). My intention is it to start to disscuss about our unfulfilled dreams.
I've always dreamt of going to Africa. But... earlier I was to irresponsible and too scared to go on my own, and now.... I'm to comfortable to go on a holiday I used to go.....
So now, I've got Africa in my plans but I'll wait till I have a bit more money - so I don't have to worry about spending too much;)
Just out of curiosity - why would you want to go to Africa?

(I would not go there even if someone gave me a million dollars)
hard to say right now.
I guess... I must have read too many books with Africa in the background when I was a kid...
If I am right I started when I was about 12 and I read some book on Ethiopia...
I think people want to visit other countries because they are curious. It is wonderful to be able to know other cultures, people and a wildlife. I' m personaly very keen on traveling. I like it very much and now I'm alredy planing my next trip.
I would love to visit Kenya, Zambia, Kongo etc....WHAT A NATURE!!!!

In Africa I visited only in Egipt for 5 days and I was in the most crowded by tourist places..... nightmare.....ouffff....
I might go to Egypt next year but....this is not what I mean by 'Africa':))) - not if you go to a tourist place...
Oh, I love to travel too, only I value my safety and well-being that's why I'd never set my foot in Africa (or, for that matter, any other "exotic" country - if I want "exotic" there's always Hawaii, but that's not my cup of tea).
Is safety any consideration for you when choosing your destinations?

I prefer traveling to more civilized places such as Europe, North America (USA and Canada) and Australia although I imagine I may not feel entirely comfortable in Australia, certainly not in the outback (with all those poisonous insects, spiders, snakes, etc.)
One day, after I'm done with USA and Canada (the former is more than halfway done; the latter not even started :-( ), I'd like to do some extensive traveling in Alps and in Norway (the fjords).
From the more "exotic" I think I always wanted to travel Siberia (and other northeastern Asia destinations) but I guess I'm not that rugged of a traveler to do it in its present condition. Maybe by the time I have enough time and money to do it, it will actually change to be more tourist-friendly (without turning into a typical, commercialized, touristy area, such as Egypt already mentioned by some).
I would like to be independent financially.It's a wonderfull thing, isn't it? You work or not, according to your fancy, you pursue your interests without any thought like"oh dear, this is too expensive, I can't afford it".I would take some classes of piano playing and have a private swimming pool to swimm every day after breakfast.
agree... Egypt is a diffrent story....
As far Africa is concerned I would like to go there. My brother lives in Africa. At the moment he lives in Tanzania (nearby the Victoria Lake). I am going to visit him in some years but unfortunately I don`t have the necessary money for it. Firstly, I must earn enough and then I can start thinking about going to Tanzania :) I like travelling as well but in my short live I haven`t been many times abroad. The best places to visit are destination, which are very "exotic". I mean, places with a beatiful nature, animals, places, where you can`t meet millions of tourists. I can`t understand my friends, who don`t want to travel throught out the World. It is not about the money (you have a right to have dreams), simply they don`t feel like going abroad. On the other point, they don`t like to learn languages. It could be a important fact. Don`t you think that people with a knowledge of foreign languages are more likely to travel abroad that people, who can`t speak foreign languages???
I don`t think it is good when you work according to your fancy. You bacome very lazy after a while. True, sometimes it is very nice to doing nothing all over the day... I couldn`t live in such a way. I am a person, who has to be always on the move. I can organise my time better, when I have a lot to do. Another point is that it isn`t good to have a lot of money. The majority of the rich buy things, which aren`t necessary at all. Moreover, the become arrogant. Ok, I can be wrong... There could be rich people, who are generous etc.. But don`t you think it is better to have less money but a lot of friends and free time for your family? True, you can`t affort everything but you are likely to be happier. I read in "Gazeta Wyborcza" an article about Roman Kluska (the former owner of Optimus SA). It was writen that before he set up his company he had more time and was happier then afterwards.
>I would love to visit Kenya, Zambia, Kongo etc....WHAT A NATURE!!!!

This summer I got a postcard from a friend who visited Zambia. What a postcard!!! I became jealous the moment I had a look at it:)))
>Oh, I love to travel too, only I value my safety and well-being
>that's why I'd never set my foot in Africa (or, for that matter, any
>other "exotic" country - if I want "exotic" there's always Hawaii, but
>that's not my cup of tea).
>Is safety any consideration for you when choosing your destinations?

Well, I've been to quiet a lot of places in Europe and... it is becoming sort of...boring.

As far as my safety is concerned...I've been to some place which I thought might be dangerous and...nothing happened. Then, one day I got very close to being killed - in Poland, close to my house, in a place I always considered to be safe. So now... I wouldn't really give up the idea of going to an exotic country just because I MIGHT not feel safe.
If I had a lot of money I guess I wouldn't care about being arogant, or buying unnecessary things.
And I do not thing it's better to have less money but a lot of friends. What I would like is having a lot of money and a few good friends.
Is having money for you the most important thing in the world??? True, I consider to choose a well-paid job but there are more resons, why I would like to earn more then the average people. Because of that I learn a lot, gain experience, try to prepare myself for the future etc. In my opionion if you are rich then you don`t care about people. You wrote that you would like to have both a lot of money and a few friends... It`s true that you can`t have a lot of true friends. I think that if you have money it`s harder to find real friends (many people want only your money). As far as I am concerned I try to be modest and not to be arrogant (my father has a pretty well-paid job and he can affort quite much). In school I don`t show off and because of that many of my classmates don`t know antything about my father. In my opinion it`s better, because your friend like you not because of the money but because of what you are.
geee....I can't belive how many typos are there in my posts today....:(((
of course quite not quiet, think not thing...grrrrrrrrrrr:))))
Well, Nowaczek.... having money definitely is not the most important thing in my life, but.... I wouldn't mind if that happened - you know - hitting the jackpot would be cool, 'cause I guess I don't stand any chances of someone bequeathing large sum of money to me:)
Ok my turn :-) Right now i can only think about two things:
one is i regret i couldn't have my best friend on my wedding, unfortunetaly neither i nor she didn't have spare 3000 $ for a tickets :-/ The whole wedding thing cost us 500 and we were at debt so... had to be without her...
two - i wish i could go for a space travel - just to look at old Earth from another angle :-) but still - the money issue :-)
In the real live you have to make a decision. If you have any money you must choose what to do with them: to by a car, a new TV set, forniture or perhaps to make your tailormade trip. Most of the pople would choose TV or fourniture. Concerning learning languages it is truth that peaple who dosen't know foreign languages are afraid o f traveling. I for example speak German and when I was traveling in Europe or north Aerica it was sufficient but two years ago i have visited Thailand and my knowledge of German was useless and i decided to start learning English.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Programy do nauki języków