American weddings

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Hi Eveyone,
HAve you ever been on an american wedding? Im very interested in any significant features. I know some things fom films, but Id like to know about weddings normal people lol
Thanks
hi,

i've been in american wedding one time, few monthes ago.
it was few new things for me,but nothing that i 've never heared or seen before.
as you probably know...a lot more preparations, even more pages to read and fill 'how to plan your wedding', they are spending a lot more money too....

some things - diffrent than in Poland:
- after the wedding,outside the church we used 'soap banks'
-she had 5 bridemates, he had only....7 friends next to him (for me it looks very funny)
-all bridemates (of course) had the same dresses,the hair style, shoes, flowers...and they have to pay for it by themselfs
-wedding was for 200 people, and bride and groom....maybe talked to 5 or 10 people during 5 hours reception
-bride had terrible migraine,and nobody even said sth, they just left about 10pm...and nobody had an idea, where they went
-dancing....yes,maybe 30 people , dj didn't invite people to dance, even one time!
-food,yes sure.......people always saying...eat before wedding,another wise you will be hungry :)
when we came.....big table for 10 people, only water and flowers on the table,later waiting for all guests,introducing parents and more.
in the begining they cut a cake.....but nobody even saw this,becouse it was in the corner,and only profesional photographer was taking pictures.
and finally FOOD! it was a buffet,a lot of food but you have to wait for your turn...long time.one lady was coming to each table and saying, now it's your turn!
after this....buffet disapeared! maybe half hour later they brought the cake...put in one corner and if you wanted ...again , you have to go and take it for you!

by the way.....i think it was very nice wedding.
oh ....i forgot to write about drinks.in most of the weding you have to pay for drinks, and it was the same situation on this one. maybe that's why you don't see drunk people and it was very,very nice for me. be honest i've been in many polish weddings, and...... it was kind of boring for me,but ...nobody was drunk,nobody was doing crazy things!

and....i'm going to get married soon........by the way in the USA, that's why....maybe one day i will write to ya....sth about my wedding!

if you have any questions...just write to me!
take care....minn
Thanks ;-)

I heared that when you are at a wedding you need to pay for your drinks. What seemed to me rude at first.
And what about gifts?
By the way, your wedding in the states will be polish or amercan? lol
hola speak spanish?
Hi,
I am Kelly, an American. I may be able to tell you a few things about American weddings. I have been to some really boring ones, and to some fantastic ones! The first thing Is they are all different. Couples like to get married in churches, hillsides, by the ocean or in "viva" Las Vegas. American weddings are all very different because the vast difference in cultural backgrounds. Many couples try to incorparate their cultuarl backgrounds and personalities into their wedding. I have been to weddings with all kinds of themes, where there were jazz bands, mariachi bands, country music and rap/soul music. In all the weddings, that I have been to, alcohol was provided,and the guest did not have to pay.
The most imporant part of american weddings is that it is a reflection of the couple.
I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Kelly

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa