To Sk8ter87 and others...

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Hi Sk8ter, this is especially to you as you are the most popular native speaker here (if not the only one;). I run up against difficulties with a topic I have to prepare.
\"The Wild West - its legends and heros...\"
As I searched on the Internet, there are many many heroes and I am a bit confused with all this. It has to be just a brief speech (about 7 minutes) so I need somebody to tell me what are the well-known and typical legends and heroes of WW (only a few will do)). Could you help me with that, please? I will be really grateful... Thanks in advance.
I meant, JUST a few will do;)
I will have a look at it later...I gotta fly pretty quick (work).
BTW...your English sounds real good...so I am thinking...if you have problems finding stuff on the internet, I don\'t know if I can find exactly what you need....
I will get back to you soon as I am back from work. :))))
http://www.thewildwest.org/
http://www.gunslinger.com/west.html
http://www.linguakonzept.de/Praxis/Wild%20West%20Heroes/
that\'s the point. I am not asking you to find it;) but to tell me what You know about the topic... Or just mention a few most popular stories/legends and facts so that I can focus on what\'s the most relevant and then find it myself...
Therefore, if you will spare a minute and think of anything that might be useful, I will be more than happy... ;)
oh btw, is the story of Pocahontas considered to belong to WW legends?
No, I\'m afraid it isn\'t as it is slightly earlier... The name Wild West was contributed by Buffalo Bill and his \'circus\' and refers to the times long after the first settlement. So I think you need to concentrate on all those rascals and outlaws and other unpleasant blocks rather than on Indian love stories :-)
Try these guys:
Pat Garret, Billy the Kid, Sundance Kid, Butch Cassidy, Davy Crockett and the lady (ykhm...) Calamity Jane... and some events like OK Corall gunfight (Wyatt Earp and Co.) :-)
Movies may be another good resource in your search:
\'The Searchers\', \'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly\', \'Little Big Man\', \'High Noon\', \'Kill Bill\' - yeah, yeah - there wouldn\'t be this movie if it had not been for Sergio Leone... :-)
Well, that should answer your question, I hope...

If you are curious to know how much I know about WW....well, not a hell of a lot. Jesse James was the only name I had in mind when you asked the question, a series of Clint Eastwood\'s \"spagghetti\" movies and one of the episodes of \"Back To the Future\" with Michael J. Fox.
What I imagine, when you talk about those days, is a slew of American movies, a whole pile of fake bottles and balsa wood chairs smashed on guys heads along with a slew of daring stunts with falling bodies all over the place and...of course... the gun smoke.

As I am sure you know, there are many smart guys in here and they obviously know their \"shit\" a LOT better than I do.

My hats off to all of you !!!!!!!! :)

sk8ter87
skejtek jak sie ma babcia internetowa surferka??? Bardzo mi sie podoba cala ta Twoja rodzina... Powiedz cos ciekawego o niej:)
Hi Rit Skit...just watching a hockey game...Calgary vs Tempa....if Calgary wins ( I can\'t see that) then we get the Stanley Cup, if not, there will be one final game on Monday.
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!

sorry....last period...gotta go...:)
Well, as I predicted..we didn\'t win....damn Americans ( I will bet you someone will write and say...why not \"THE Americans\" or \"Americans THE\" or \"An American\"...\"American An\"?????\" - and you know what? My brain is swimming when I read those questions...or should I say \"my brain swims\"? or the next question will be \"why do you say your brain\'s swimming?...is it a new Olympic category?\". If It is I should be there cause my brain does a lot of swimming here....(lol)
In any case, we will play Tempa on Monday in Tempa and I hate to say this but I think Tempa is a sure win. Not that I like THE Americans, but they have faster players and speed is everything on ice.
Grama is doing OK, eventhough her blood pressure keeps staying high and she is on some medication right now. She reads a lot and watches her usual Polish TV on the computer (we don\'t have sattelite TV). She is making our favorite \"BIGOS\" tomorrow...,,stinks to high heaven but it\'s good stuff...gives you gas though....

:) :) :)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

FCE - sesja letnia 2004

»

Pomoc językowa