Cloudy or cloudily

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Mam pytanie, jak wyraz ,,cloudy" - ,,pochmurny" zamienić na przysłówek? Będzie tak samo: ,,cloudy" czy ,,cloudily"? Zastanawiam się, ponieważ mówi się np. ,,It's cloudy." - ,,Jest pochmurno." Z góry b. dziękuję.
Cloudily is a word but I don't see it v often. What are you trying to write?
Wstawić przysłówek w luki w zadaniu.
I w poleceniu jest że musi być przysłówek?
Wklej to zdanie tutaj ;))
Ok, tylko że wkleje już jutro, dziękuje
'cloudy' to jak wiesz przymiotnik, a przyslowek od niego to 'cloudily'
w jezyku angielskim, po czasownikach kopularnych (m.in. be, become, get), nie wystepuje przyslowek, stad wszelkie inne czasowniki moga smialo - w dopuszczalnym kontekscie - zostac takowym przyslowkiem opisane
Cytat: engee30
czasownikach kopularnych

Nie spotkałem się z taką nazwą w polskim.
jak nie, jak dzisiaj ode mnie
Ok, a po jakich jeszcze czasownikach oprócz: ,,be, get, become" możemy użyć przymiotnika w znaczeniu przysłówka? Jest to opisane w jakiejś książce?
podaj zdanie, wtedy podyskutujemy
nie wiem, czy po get/become uzywa sie 'przymiotnika w charakterze przyslowka'.

He is angry
He gets angry easily

angry wyraza cos przyslowkowego? Nie mysl po polsku

moze chodzi Ci o zwroty typu
knock sbd down dead, render sbd unconscious, paint it black
podaj zdanie, wtedy podyskutujemy hear, hear ...
Cytat: Karolinaa01
Ok, a po jakich jeszcze czasownikach oprócz: ,,be, get, become" możemy użyć przymiotnika w znaczeniu przysłówka? Jest to opisane w jakiejś książce?

Drive slow, keep patient, set square, paint black, mill parallel, make fantastic,... (any verb that presents the final state of the verb's activity and not the verb's activity itself).
Driving slowly means little, if anything: what do you really have to do to drive slowly? Turn the steering wheel slowly?
That's why you drive slow.
A careful driver pays attention to the rules of the road and therefore drives carefully, observing road signs, speed limits, and what not. If he does all those things, he drives carefully. ( If I said, "she drives carefully," that would be sexist.)
edytowany przez Janski: 18 sty 2019
Cytat: Janski

only in AmE, which actually abuses the adjective after verbs: 'kiss me quick' says nothing about the final state.
Cytat: mg

only in AmE, which actually abuses the adjective after verbs: 'kiss me quick' says nothing about the final state.

Yes, it does point to the resultant state and no, it doesn't abuse anything.

But both are used in AE.
Quite a few of those who drive slowly complain about the (usually temporary) road signs that read DRIVE SLOW. Those who know better do not.

Quickly meaning without delay is not an adverb of manner.
Kiss me quick means exactly what it means: be quick to get going. Kiss me quickly (without a separating comma) implies something else and UNACCEPTABLE to anyone in the know.

Those who want to be overnice slice onions thinly (instead of thin), wipe countertops cleanly and dryly (?) (instead of clean and dry). They are overnice and they overkill.

Any adverb of manner can be put to a test: if it works in the paraphrase in an (adjective) manner, it is a full blown adverb of manner. If it doesn't, it isn't.
E.g. Slicing onions thin or thinly? Slice onions in a thin manner? Only cheap cookbooks slice onions thinly.
Kiss me quick or quickly? Kiss me in a quick manner? Out of the question. Kiss me quick? Anytime, anyplace.

You have a lot to learn.
Kiss me quick/quickly before someone comes in the room.
Come here quick/quickly.
edytowany przez terri: 30 sty 2019
Cytat: mg

sometimes, it's just a matter of style - in formal speaking and writing, you'd want to stick to adverbs
Cytat:
what do you really have to do to drive slowly? Turn the steering wheel slowly?

You use the pedals. But that's for those in the know. ;-)
edytowany przez mg: 30 sty 2019
It's interesting how you change your criteria every time you declare that a verb may be followed by an adjective

with drive it is because driving is split into a number of actions (such as turning the wheel) and the adjective describes the act as a whole
with kiss it is because the time between the request and beginning of the action has to be short

That is methodological eclecticism: the easiest way to find a rationale for every conclusion.

And what is your take on 'respond quickly'. Is that any different from 'kiss quick'?
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Programy do nauki języków

»

Pomoc językowa