Opowiadanie na temat: Th e worst lie I ever heard

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
The worst lie I ever heard

I visited New Jersey during my concert tour. As usually I played some baroque pieces on my dulcimer. After the concert the odd-looking guy approached me. At the first moment I thought he was a journalist, but rapidly I realized that he was just the one from the audience. We talked for the while.
'I'm very glad to talk to such a talented, young lady' he complemented me. Moreover, he invited me for the supper. I had some spare time before leaving town, so I agreed.
At the bar a dark lady with a colorful turban and gold earrings joined our table. He looked at my companion very carefully.
'Yesterday, playing tarot cards, I saw you. Many banks go under. You are in danger. Emigrate! That's your last solution,' she whispered and disappeared.
'A witch, a fortuneteller... Never mind,' C. (that was his name) told me. Then we went to the beach. It was near the beautiful lake and we could see New York from that place. We sit down in a canoe and C. recounted me his story.
He was a French man. The prisoner from Bastille, who escaped from jail and next moved to the States. He knew the trouble like the sound of his own name.
I felt for C. I was fascinated by his weird fate. Nevertheless, after coming home I got known, that he was a famous harpsichordist, who wanted to become my accompanist! Imagine, how deceived did I feel!

« 

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie