Review-favourtie book

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Bardzo proszę o sprawdzenie.

We all have our favourite things like meal or drink that shape our personality. I quite early decided that I love fish and chips most, but it took me some time to find my favourite novel. Not until I had graduated from high school did I find and then read The Catcher in the Rye by J.D.Saligner, a novel that soon after publishing gained bad publicity and was subjected to censorship.

In fact, it somehow deserves all of that. It was written in 1951 and tells the story of a young, eccentric boy named Holden Caulfield, who leaves his school and decides to spend a few nights in New York. He is lonely, but also extremely rude, bold and critical about the world he lives in. As he stays in the hotel, he wanders through the city and makes a stop at a night club, hires a prostitute and speaks with two nuns. Extraordinary, isn't it?

Unquestionably, the book is one of its kind. It's well written and original with its unusual, sometimes rough language. What deserves a special mention is a gripping plot, because the charismatic hero has it all: a complicated personality full or quirks. What really struck me is that the book brilliantly portrays a teenager and his world – the task, where many famous writers failed.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this book for both young and older readers.
The Catcher in the Rye is now a classic book. It's widely known and used as a school lecture. Nevertheless, it's not boring, nor it is yet another educative book. You'll be amazed as well as appalled.
a plot - ksiazka ma kilka fabuł?
full of
the task, where many famous writers failed - to zdanie jest dla mnie niejasne
Cytat: jpar23
Nevertheless, it's not boring, nor it is yet another educative book.

Czy nie powinno być tutaj inwersji?

Cytat: jpar23
We all have our favourite things like meal or drink that shape our personality.

Jedzenie i picie kształtuje naszą osobowość? really? :)
We all have our favourite things like (a gdzie jest przedimek? poszedl na obiad?) meal or (przedimek) drink that 'shape' (zle slowo, juz masz podane) our personality. I quite early (tu cos brakuje, ON) decided that I love fish and chips most, 'but' (dobrze, ze pamietales, ze przed 'but' stawiamy przecinek, ale tutaj lepiej pasuje slowo 'however') it took me some time to find my favourite novel. Not until I had graduated from high school did I find and then read 'The Catcher in the Rye' by J.D.Saligner, a novel that soon after publishing (ja podalabym tutaj rok, dlatego, ze to jest wazne) gained bad publicity and was subjected to censorship.

As he 'stays in the hotel' (nie moze byc w 2 miejscach razem, nie moze 'stay' i 'wander' ledpiej inne slowo, np. 'lodges'), he wanders through the city and makes a stop at a night club, hires a prostitute and speaks with two nuns.

It's widely known and used as a school 'lecture' (cos tu nie tak, moze 'text-book'). 'Nevertheless' (myslalam o tym, ale to slowo robi tutaj male 'waves' cos mi nie pasuje, chociaz dobrze wiem co chcesz powiedziec, ale 'nevertheless' nie pasuje, dlatego, ze dopiero mowisz ze jest ok - 'uzywane w szkole', a teraz temu jakby zaprzeczasz) it's not boring, nor it is yet another educative book.

Ja bym wolala troche wiecej szczegolow - moze jedno/dwa zdania, opis czegos - cos co mialoby mnie zaciagnac do tego. Dlaczego akurat o tym pisal?

« 

Pomoc językowa