Uprzejmie proszę o rzucenie okiem na mój esej - z góry dziękuję

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Classify people according to their dietary habits.
In the view of the majority of scientists ”you are what you eat” is something more than a trite slogan. In the face of the overwhelming amount of research confirming the strict connection between eating habits and health, no wonder that more and more people pay attention to what they put into their mouths. Having said that, the statistics concerning the world’s ratets of obesity, people having diabetes and the growing popularity of McDonald’s-like restaurants appear to be implying the opposite conclusion. Certainly, there are huge discrepancies between people’s dietary habits, but they may be classified into three major groups according to how they treat their eating: diet purists, no diet people and those falling somewhere in between these two extreme groups.
To begin with, diet purists are the most discerning and health-conscious category of consumers. They are well familiar with topics like: what saturated and unsaturated fats are, why one should eat only lean meat or how the digestive system works. They always scrutinize composistion of the product they are about to buy. Diet plays such a pivotal role in their lives that they never succumb to a glass of coca-cola or a fat, calorific piece of chicken. They include in their diet plans only the most nourishing, upmarket products, which are rich in proteins, vitamins and fibre, without excess fat or sugar. They are much concerned about eating meals at fixed, stomach-friendly time of day and eat more often in smaller portions. Diet purists constitute relatively small group.
The second group, no-diet type, constitute people who reject at hand terms like diet or healthy food. In this group can be found constant KFC-goers, ready-made food fans and those indulging themselves in sweets whenever they feel like it. Some of those consumers are not aware of the negative influence such a diet has on their health. Others choose fizzy drinks instead of filtered water or freshly-squeezed juices being fully aware of a variety of serious illnesses this diet may lead to. When choosing products they rely entirely on their taste or price, not the quality of products. They also do not pay any attention to the time, number per day or frequency of their meals. No-diet lifestyle appears to be losing its popularity.
In the third group there are people pinned down somwhere in between diet-fixated and no-diet types. Those consumers’ dietary habits are determined consciously, their meals are put in time in a sensible way during the day, whose health-consciousness is realtively high, but who are not rigid enough to be called diet purists. Members of this group are concerned about the quality of their meals, but also have nothing against a fast-food spree once in a while They will have a closer look at a product they want to buy, but will not reject it because of one or two ingredients they do not deem ”welcome” in their diet. Their diets are balanced, but not always and not in all aspects. They certainly constitute the biggest group of consumers.
To sum up, eating is an extremely complex as well as topical issue. People differ on how they perceive and administer their eating habits and each person in the world is a separate, unique diet plan. However, all of them, starting with the most ignorant, staunchest Mc-Donald’s stalwarts and ending with all-green, tofu zeals, can be classified into these three general groups.
In the view of the majority of scientists ”you are what you eat” is something more than (tutaj mozna dodac slowo 'just') a trite slogan. In the face of 'the' (wg mnie niepotr) overwhelming amount of research confirming the 'strict' (moze lepsze slowo 'direct') connection between eating habits and health, no wonder that more and more people pay attention to what they put into their mouths. Having said that, the statistics concerning the world’s 'ratets' (popraw) of obesity, people having diabetes and the growing popularity of McDonald’s-like restaurants appear to be implying the 'opposite conclusion' (wg mnie tutaj trzeba 'opposite view', bo jak 'conclusion, to nie jest jasno gdzie jest twoja pierwsza conclusion).
They are 'well' (nie, moze 'very') familiar with topics 'like' (nie, prosze nie uzywaj tego slowa, lepiej 'such as'): what saturated and unsaturated fats are, why one should eat only lean meat or how the digestive system works. They always scrutinize (tutaj przedimek) 'composistion' (popraw) of the product they are about to buy.
They are 'much' (nie, to wyglada na dziwne slowo tutaj, moze lepiej 'extremely' primarily' cos takiego) concerned about eating meals at fixed, stomach-friendly time of (ptrzedimek) day and eat more often (tutaj brakuje 'and') in smaller portions. Diet purists constitute (przedimek) relatively small group.
Others choose fizzy drinks instead of filtered water or freshly-squeezed juices being fully aware of a variety of serious illnesses 'this' (picky I know, ale ...tutaj nie jest jasno o ktorej diet chodzi) diet may lead to. When choosing products they rely entirely on their taste or price, not the quality of (przedimek) products.
In the third group there are people pinned down 'somwhere' (popraw) in between diet-fixated and no-diet types. Those consumers’ dietary habits are determined consciously, their meals are 'put' (zle slowo, chyba 'taken') 'in' (chyba 'on') time in a sensible way during the day, whose health-consciousness is 'realtively' (popraw) high, but who are not rigid enough to be called diet purists.
People differ on how they perceive and administer their eating habits and each person in the world 'is' (tutaj dalabym slowo 'has') a separate, unique diet plan. However, all of them, starting with the most ignorant, staunchest Mc-Donald’s stalwarts and ending with all-green, tofu 'zeals' (chyba slowo jest 'zealots'), can be classified into these three general groups.
o.k. tylko uwazaj na bledy ortog, (spelling) no i przedimki.
Cytat:
people pay attention to what they put into their mouths.

people are more aware of what they put in their mouth.
"pay attention" bardziej do konkretnej sytuacji niz ogolnie, "into" to bezposrednio i konkretnie wkladac cos do ust , no i "mouth" a nie "mouths"
constant KFC-goers, np regular/frequent KFC goers...
Kiedys jak pracowalam w Warszawie sama chodzilam do KFC i wtedy robilam 'chip butties' - wszyscy sie na mnie patrzyli co ja to robie.
Serdeczne dzięki za wszystkie komentarze. Uwielbiam się z Wami uczyć. Pozdrawiam.
Cytat: chippy
Cytat:
people pay attention to what they put into their mouths.

people are more aware of what they put in their mouth.
"pay attention" bardziej do konkretnej sytuacji niz ogolnie, "into" to bezposrednio i konkretnie wkladac cos do ust , no i "mouth" a nie "mouths"

Dokładnie odwrotnie w rzeczonym przypadku: their mouths.
People (...) their mouths. Everyone (...) their mouth.
Cytat:
Dokładnie odwrotnie w rzeczonym przypadku: their mouths.
People (...) their mouths. Everyone (...) their mouth.

Spotyka sie obie formy. W moim odczuciu forma l.mn. jest malo zgrabna i l.poj. brzmi bardziej elegancko.
to tak jakbysmy powiedzieli " ludzie staraja sie, zeby nie zasmiecac swojego organizmu zywnoscia przetworzona, a nie "swoich organizmow". Chodzi tu o uogolnienie i ja w takim kontekscie spotykam sie raczej z l.poj. i dla mnie o wiele lepiej brzmi.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-people-put-their-hand-in-front-of-their-mouth-when-they-eat-Could-it-be-cultural

Why do people cover their mouth when they laugh?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=2[tel]AAbLzQs
Kierowanie się analogią do języka ojczystego jest błędne. Their mouths, bo people mają wiele mouths, a nie jedną, w przeciwieństwie do pojedyńczego człowieka. To jest właśnie eleganckie, bo jest logiczne :) A już szczególnie w języku pisanym...
https://www.italki.com/question/363178
Cytat: panienka_z_okienka
Kierowanie się analogią do języka ojczystego jest błędne. Their mouths, bo people mają wiele mouths, a nie jedną, w przeciwieństwie do pojedyńczego człowieka. To jest właśnie eleganckie, bo jest logiczne :) A już szczególnie w języku pisanym...

Równie błędne jest kierowanie się tzw. 'folk logic'.
Zgadzam się z chippy, że można powiedzieć 'people ... their mouth'.
w angielskim bardziej oczywistym jest powiedziec 'people + their mouths'
Cytat: panienka_z_okienka
Kierowanie się analogią do języka ojczystego jest błędne.

Ja sie nie kieruje analogia z jez. ojczystego. Ja to znam z zycia. Analogia byla dla Ciebie, bo kierujesz sie sztywno zasada zgodnosci liczby. Jezyk nie zawsze jest taki zdyscyplinowany i pzewidywalny jak podreczniki do gramatyki.
Podobnie jest z dlubaniem w nosie. Wpisz sobie w google "Why do people pick their nose" ( nie noses). No i przejrzyj linki, ktore dla Ciebie wkleilam. Tutaj i wyzej.

some surveys indicate that it is almost universal, with people picking their nose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nose-picking
Cytat: zielonosiwy
Zgadzam się z chippy, że można powiedzieć 'people ... their mouth'.

Nasuwa sie pytanie: Czy takiej formy ucza w szkolach? Czy taka forma jest forma zgodna z przyjetymi zasadami?
Osobiscie pamietam, zaraz na samym poczatku mojej przygody z angielskim, jak to mi bylo dane poznac jedna z podstawowych zasad j.angielskiego, na ktorej sie opieraja inne podobne schematy zdan:
People and their lives. Nigdy People and their life.
Bo z lives jakos inaczej dziala, ale widzisz ze z nose juz nie. Po polsku tez dlubiemy w nosie a nie w nosach.
Powiesz "they have a big mouth" (can't keep a secret), ale the army has a lot of mouths to feed.
Moim zdaniem do takich niuansow trzeba sie nauczyc wyczucia jezykowego, bo tak od linijki nie zawsze wyjdzie :))). Mnie bardziej brzmi "people put in their mouth" bo jest ogromna generalizacja. Nie chodzi o to ze kazdy czlowiek wklada cos do ust, tylko znaczenie jest bardziej idiomatyczne.
Cytat:
ale the army has a lot of mouths to feed
..thinking this way , you can very quickly get them all overeaten and unable to resist , and thereby disarmed . What if enemy's onslaught would have been launched with no warning at all ? I was obviously kidding ,,,just in order to get some things balanced right
edytowany przez Robbertoxx: 14 kwi 2018
Bo z lives jakos inaczej dziala

dziwnie dziala dla ciebie, dla rodowitego i wyedukownego Anglika jest norma
Cytat: engee30
Bo z lives jakos inaczej dziala

dziwnie dziala dla ciebie, dla rodowitego i wyedukownego Anglika jest norma

nie rozumiem co chcesz powiedziec, moje jasniej?
to jest podobnie, jak z uzyciem przedimkow - oni nativi maja to w genach, ze nie musza za bardzo myslec, jakiego uzyc w danej sytuacji; podobnie z tym tutaj przykladem; a dla nas non-nativow nie jest to juz takie oczywiste
Cytat:
dziwnie dziala dla ciebie

Bo juz myslalm, ze tylko dla mnie tak dziala....., a dlaczego dziwnie?
jezyk funkcjonuje tak a nie inaczej , a my sie go uczymy lub przyswajamy.

Dla mnie akurat te przyklady sa oczywiste. Jak dlugo uzywasz jezyka to nabierzesz wyczucia i bedzie oczywiste, bo wiedze bedziesz czerpal z podswiadomosci a nie z regul gramatycznych.
Pamietaj ze native, to wcale nie musi byc Anglik i tez niekoniecznie jakos szczegolnie wyedukowany. Nativi tez robia bledy i tez maja watpliwosci tak jak my po polsku.
Bo juz myslalm, ze tylko dla mnie tak dziala.

tylko ty pisalas tutaj w ten sposob, stad pisalem 'dla ciebie'
Odnioslam sie do tego co pisales o "People and their Lives"
Cytat:
Bo z lives jakos inaczej dziala,
a takie cos jest dziwne dla ciebie?
People and their mouths.
czy takie cos:
People and their mouth.
Nic dla mnie nie jest dziwne, ani w jezyku, ani w zyciu :P
Nie mozna rozwazac zdan bez kontekstu. Dobrze o tym wiesz.
Nie mozna rozwazac zdan bez kontekstu. Dobrze o tym wiesz.

tu sie zgadzam w 100%
tutaj taki maly kontekst:
https://www.rpmdentistry.com/articles/a-philosophy-of-full-denture-service-mouths-people-are-different
@engee

In spite of last night's terrorist attack, most people seem to be going about their business as if nothing had happened.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/go-about-your-business

To może napisz do tych z Cambridge'a, że się mylą, bo według twoich zasad gramatyki to zdanie jest niepoprawne.
oj zielonowsiwy, Cambridge w swoich przykladach od juz dawna ucieka sie do zdan z powszechego uzycia
ja ci pisze tak, jak mnie uczono, i to sa podwaliny poprawnej angielszczyzny
o takie cos jeszcze sie odnalazlo:
...ze wyrazenia zidiomatyzowane maja to do siebie, ze przelamuja standardy i tworza wyizolowane struktury...
Cytat: engee30
tutaj taki maly kontekst:
https://www.rpmdentistry.com/articles/a-philosophy-of-full-denture-service-mouths-people-are-different

No i w tym kontekscie jest dobrze- mouths, ale tj zupelnie cos innego. To tak jakby chirurg plastyczny powiedzial- "ludzie i ich nosy sa rozne" People and their noses are different. But people still pick their nose....

Cytat:
jak mnie uczono, i to sa podwaliny poprawnej angielszczyzny

Nie ma to jak porzadne podwaliny:))), tak wypiora mozg, ze ciezko potem cos przepchnac.
Jak bedziesz do wszystkiego szukal regulek, to
1. zwariujesz
2. nie nauczysz sie wyczucia jezykowego.
Moze zapytaj jakiegos wyedukowanego nativa o to zdanie : People are aware what they put in their mouth.

Po polsku chodzimy po omacku i po ciemku. Wytlumacz obcokrajowcowi co to jest omacek i ciemek ...
To sie nazywa duch jezyka :))
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pytania dotyczące języka angielskiego