Native Speaker do współpracy

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Szukam PRAWDZIWEGO rodzimego użytkownika języka angielskiego, który tłumaczy z języka polskiego i wykonuje korekty tłumaczeń z polskiego na angielski ZA POLSKIE STAWKI. Czy wśród forumowiczów znajduje się taka osoba? A może ktoś z Was zna taką osobę i mógłby ją polecić?
If it's just a proofreader you need, I've been making Polish-English texts sound like real English (i.e. correcting translators' translations) for the last decade in the areas of EU documentation, law, business, advertising, academia and more. I certainly charge more than 20zł per 1800 characters with spaces, but if you're looking for a proofreader (or even a proofreader and translator), you're not going to find that person for peanuts. Please send me a private message if you'd like to me to have a look at whatever you need to be done.
@CramTheExam

What made you come back, Simon? I think you deleted your previous account here.
Cytat: zielonosiwy

and what made you think that Simon is Simon, and that he is what he purports to be?
Cytat: engee30
Cytat: zielonosiwy

and what made you think that Simon is Simon, and that he is what he purports to be?

erm, I don't know, maybe because it says so in his profile?
next time watch out for apparent mistakes in their nicknames, maybe - that'd always be a hint
Still the same old Simon :)
Still keep an eye on the board from time to time - I even put up advert here a little while ago, but that seems to have, ahem, been removed.
I'd be interested to know what this 'apparent mistake' is.

If anyone wants further proof it's me (flattered you care), I do lots of webinars on YT now for cramtheexam or writtenlegalenglish. I can do a shout out for ang.pl next time :)

There was a thread about legal English a little while ago about 'shall'. I've been thinking about reviving that one to cause a bit of mischief :)
Cytat: CramTheExam
I certainly charge more than 20zł per 1800 characters with spaces

So double the Polish rates?
Cytat:
I've been making Polish-English texts sound like real English (i.e. correcting translators' translations)

How does one go around correcting translations, not knowing the source language?
There are no such thing as 'Polish' rates. There are different market rates based on perceived quality of service (both in Poland and internationally). Yes, approx double 20zl is where my general price is, and the clients I have are happy to pay that and are happy with the level of service.

I'm not going around saying I'm the best/others are worse, the market is open. People are free to choose. I'm confident in what I offer and at the price I'm offering. Saying that, I have done lots and lots of pro bono work and work at significantly discounted rates, so I'm not driven by money either.

How do you work without the original text? Easily :)
My role is not to translate but proofread and edit. In that, there is communication between me and the the client. It's in this communication that we find out if the translation is good/bad and if the client's actual intended message is being communicated. You find quite often, the intended message is lost in the translation process or that careless translation rewords or rephrases originally intended messages. This is where communication comes in, and almost a decade's worth of experience.

Re: source language, I know Polish well enough thank you, but you're missing the point. The end result is communication in English, not necessarily English which was originally written in Polish. There's a subtle difference between the two, but a big enough difference that you can easily identify an English text which was originally Polish.
Very well said.
You shouldn't be advertising your services this way here.

Having said that, could you PM me with your value proposition and a price quote for proofreading 1000 words of a business text, please?

Anyone reading this can send me a quote exept for Zielonosiwy as he's too good in finding people's true identity :) However, I may be deluded, by my self-importance, into thinking that he would made such an attempt in my case :)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Mógłby ktoś przetłumaczyć proszę