Review of a book - CAE

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Hello everyone,
I kindly ask you, to check my review:
Write a review of a book you have read, saying why you did or did not enjoyed it and whether you would recommend it to others.

Incredibly inspirational story, which may change your life
Some books are boring, some of them can grasp you totally, but one in a thousand you can encounter a magnificent piece of writing that can change your point of view.

Recently I have read Martin Eden, Jack London’s book, which was based on his autobiography. The main character is a young man, working on a transporting boat. He descends from a lower cast of Londoners. It is nothing special from the beginning, just another love story. He wasn’t accepted by his girlfriend family and then you may be hooked by the plot.

Martin Eden has motivation to self-development, because he wants to marry Ruth. First thing he has to do is improving his social status. He encounters plenty of setbacks during his way to success, but he is persevering in his attempts and wholly committed. The main character staves off difficulties and hostile people.

Naturally, he works terribly hard during the day, and writes novels during the night. At the beginning, there are no visible, material gains from his work, but eventually first favorable critiques of his drudgery come. Everybody starts to see him in another light because of his success, even Ruth, which was huge surprise for me.
I would strongly recommend you this book, because it was piece of art, which influenced my life completely. Like Martin Eden I have started to work hard and I don’t regret it

Thanks in advance :)
Some books are boring, some 'of them' (niepotrz) can grasp you totally, (jest takie cos jak 'page-turner'-sprawdz co to znaczy) but (tutaj wg mnie brakuje 'in') one in a thousand you can encounter a magnificent piece of writing that can change your point of view.
Recently I 'have' (niepotr) read Martin Eden, (tutaj wg mnie brak 'a') Jack London’s book, which was based on his autobiography. The main character is a young man, working on a transporting boat. He descends from a 'lower cast' (nie, to jest zle ujete, niema 'casts' w UK sa 'working classes, lower working classes') of Londoners. 'It' (tutaj nie jest za jasno do czego to 'it' sie odnosi) is nothing special from the beginning, just another love story. He wasn’t accepted by his girlfriend family 'and then' (nie, zrob to inaczej, napisz 'but later') you may be hooked by the plot.
Martin Eden has motivation 'to' (nie, lepiej pasuje 'for') self-development, because he wants to marry Ruth. First thing he has to do is 'improving' (zla czesc mowy, tutaj czasownik) his social status. He encounters plenty of setbacks during his way to success, but he 'is persevering' (nie, zrob to czas teraz.) in his attempts and (brak czasownika) wholly committed.
At the beginning, there are no visible, material gains from his work, but eventually first 'favorable' (BrE-favourable) critiques of his drudgery 'come' (to jest zle slowo, tutaj bardziej pasuje 'appear') . Everybody starts to see him in 'another' (nie, wg mnie lepiej jest uzyc 'a different') light because of his success, even Ruth, which was (brak przedimka) huge surprise for me.
I would strongly recommend 'you' (niepotr) this book, because it was piece of art, which influenced my life completely.
edytowany przez terri: 11 mar 2019
Thank you so much :)

« 

Studia językowe

»

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie