Czy mogłabym prosić o rzucenie okiem na ten krótki artykuł? Dotyczy on pozycjonowania i optymalizacji stron pod kątem wyszukiwarek, czyli prostymi słowami - zdobycia jak najwyższej pozycji strony w wyszukiwarkach (gł. Google) po wpisaniu wybranych słów/fraz. Znajduje się on na stronie www.lexy.kom.pl/blog-en/
SEO (search engine optimization) is the process of onpage and offpage optimization made in order to increase traffic and ranking in listings of search engines, such as Google, which is the most popular one. The first step, right after choosing the right keywords, should be onpage optimization and that is what I am going to focus on in this article. At the end I will also write briefly about other factors as offpage optimization will be the theme of a new article.
* choose the right domain name for your website - in this case you must decide whether to put there the name of your company, or maybe only the most important keywords and usually the second option is better. The domain name should be short and easy to remember;
* choose the short and appropriate title - in case of very competitive phrases, the less keywords in the title you put the better, as then the whole strenght of the title is divided by the quality of less amount of keywords. Shari Thurow, an author of “Search Engine Visibility”, suggests that it is the best to put the most important three keywords in such an order so that all their connections make different phrase;
* include keywords in metatags - while description is displayed in search engines under the page title and so it should be encouraging for visitors, keywords are thought to be useless; hovewer, you can include there a few keywords. Remember to put the most important keywords in the same beginning of your metatags. The title, description and keywords in metatags should be different on every webpage and should be adequate to their content. Do not overuse keywords neither in description nor in keywords as it can be considered as spam and penalized. You may analyze the metatags thanks to SEO tools such as:
* provide interesting and often actualised content - rememeber that you write for visitors, not for crawlers, so use keywords in optimal quantity (approximately 5 % of the content), in different places (both in the very beginning and the end, as well as within the whole webpage);
* use headers h1 - h6 and put there the most important keywords;
* add alt tag to images - put there an analternative description of the image;
* add title tag to links - you can put there the same text as in the anchor text but you can also enrich it in more keywords;
* one of the most important factors in web positioning is what you write in the anchor text. What you should put there are the main keywords for which you are trying to be ranked high in search engines;
* use tags such as b, strong, i, em to emphasis keywords;
* other places where you can use keywords are the names of files and folders. But remember not to overuse keywords and put them as their names only when necessary;
* create a sitemap so that crawlers would have easier access to all webpages and therefore index them;
* add links to your websites on others which concern the same theme; add it also to the biggest directories such as DMOZ; exchange links or buy them. Take note not only on the PR of those websites, but mostly on the quantity of external links they have. Also remember to change anchor texts instead of focusing on only one. Otherwise, your website can get filtred and hard to find after writing that phrase in search engine;
* take care of right internal linking and also use appropriate anchor text in links;
* do not put too many external links on your website;
* the more webpages the better; optimize every webpage for a few different keywords;
* old domains are ranked better;
* although Google Page Rank loses its significance, it is still one of the factors that influence on your ranking so try to get links on webpages that have high PR;
* change links to your websites into friendly ones. Read about how to make your URL’s friendly;
* analyze websites which compete with yours. Check what methods they use to get better ranking and think about what you can do better;
This brief article concerns the basics of SEO and because some of the issues connected with it are mentioned generally, I will try to focus on them in the future. Should you see anything that you disagree with, comment on it and I will modify this article if necessary.
..the name of your company, or maybe only the most important keywords. USUALLY the second option is ..
...title you put the better, as then the whole 'strenght' (popraw) of the title is divided..
..suggests that it is 'the' (chyba bez the) best to put the most important three keywords in such an order, so that their connections make different phrase (albo make A different phrase, albo make different phrases)
...keywords are thought to be useless; hoWEVER, you can include..
...actualised content - rememBER...
..add alt tag to images - put there an ALTERNATIVE description
.. Otherwise, your website can get filtred and hard to find after writing that phrase in THE search engine;