proszę o sprawdzenie, list.

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Dear Mary,
Thank you very much for your letter. Please excuse these scribbled lines, but I just wanted to let you know that I think I’ve found the perfect house for you.

It’s located in the nice part of Deighton. Near there is big park with pond and flowers. I think, the neighbors are friendly and it’s a safe neighborhood. Also, the rent for the house is only Ł800 a week and you can save up some money.

The house is really nice outside. It’s a large building with big garden at the front. It’s got garage too.

Inside, the house is very comfortable. It’s one storey building with two bathrooms. Upstairs there are two homely bedrooms. Downstairs there are living room with old fireplace, cosy dining room and large modern kitchen.

I can easily talk to the owner, Mr Smith, for you. Call back as sonn as possible. Take care.

Yours,
XYZ
...save some money.
"save UP some money" is perfectly cool in this letter in my book.
In my book saving UP means saving to buy something.
I'm saving up for a new car.
Zgadzam sie
przeoczylam, dzieki Aaric
"with old AN fireplace"
...an old...
Indeed it does in most cases but not explicitly so I think. That’s why I “implied” that “UP” might’ve well been retained in this phrase with almost no difference in meaning.

We’re saving for a new cooker.(to buy a particular thing )
I’m saving up for a new car.(to buy a particular thing)

“To try the system of saving up a little week by week.” (no particular purpose, just to put by some mazuma for a rainy day:) -Blakley Trift&Indep.

A parting gift from my little sister Funny, who'd saved up her pocket money during many previous months, in order to provide funds for this munificent present.(again particular purpose).Smedley , Frank Fairlegh)
@savagerhino
If you bought something and paid for less than the regular price, you saved /not 'saved up'/ money.
'rainy day' to me is still a particular thing. Maybe the version used by the 'asker' /and you/ is an appropriate one. I've only expressed my opinion as I see it. Nevertheless, being only a 'samouk' of English language, I admit to having been making maaaaany mistakes. Even on this forum and... in this statement. :)
I’m not here to nit-pick bud nor am I a stranger to bloomers either. Whatever, forget it :)
Btw I’m not a college "swelled-head" and have no formal education too, so you’re not in solitude so to speak.:)
Hi sweets:

Aaric is correct.

If a house rental of 800 pounds/week is considered a "bargain", then one saves money.(hahaha...what idiot would pay 3200 pounds per month and consider that cheap)

The sentence could have been written this way and it would have had a completely different meaning:
"Also, the rent for the house is only Ł800 a week and you can save up some money...for a downpayment on a house"

Narazie tyle
I'll catch up later.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Brak wkładu własnego