Giants - proszę sprawdźcie

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Hej!!!

Proszę o sprawdzenie poniższego tekstu. Za wszelkie uwagi bardzo dziękuję :)

Olbrzymy
Giants

/*****/
Olbrzymy to baśniowe istoty mające postać ludzką, odznaczające się ogromnym wzrostem i nadzwyczajną siłą. The Giants are fairylike beings who have human forms and they are characterized by huge height and extraordinary strenght.
/*****/
Od tysięcy lat ludzie wyobrażali je sobie na własne podobieństwo, ale oczywiście o wiele większe i potężniejsze. From thousands of years men imagine them to human's own resemblance, but, of course, many bigger and more mighty.
/*****/
W ten sposób powstawały mity i opowieści o olbrzymach. There came into being myths and stories about giants in this way.
/*****/
W dawnej mitologii greckiej i skandynawskiej olbrzymy były pierwszymi władcami wszechświata. The Giants were the first rulers of the world in ancient Greek and Norse mythology.
/*****/
Później nastali bogowie i stoczyli z nimi zwycięską walkę o panowanie.
Later there came gods and fought with them a victorious battle for reign.
/*****/
Olbrzymy, którym udało się ocaleć, ukryły się w jaskiniach i puszczach.
The Giants, who managed to survive, hid in the caves and jungles.
/*****/
Nienawidziły bogów, ale były wobec nich bezsilne.
They hated gods but they were powerless to them.
/*****/
Zaczęły więc napadać na ludzi.
They begin to assault people.
/*****/
Tratowały rolnikom zboża i porywały bydło.
They trampled farmers' cereal and abducted the cattle.
/*****/
Wiele z nich zasmakowało w ludzkim miesie.
A lot of them found human flesh tasty.
/*****/
TrollS
Trole
/*****/
W skandynawskich opowieściach ludowych występują najdziwniejsze ze wszystkich olbrzymów - trolle.
In Scandinavian folk stories occurs the strangest from all the giants - Trolls.
/*****/
Nie były one wielkie, lecz niskie, garbate, wręcz miniaturowe.
They weren't tall but short, hunchbacked not to say miniature.
/*****/
Miały jedno oko pośrodku czoła i przypominały brzydkie pniaki drzew.
They had one eye in the middle of forehead and resembled ugly tree's stumps.
/*****/
Zazwyczaj polowały nocą, a ich ulubione pożywienie stanowili ludzie.
They usually hunted at night and their favourite food was people.
/*****/
Najlepszym sposobem, by wymknąć się trolowi, było zadawanie mu zagadek.
The best way to slip through troll's hands was asking him puzzle.
/*****/
Jeżeli komuś udało się zagadać olbrzyma aż do świtu, był bezpieczny, ponieważ pod wpływem wschodzącego słońca trol zamieniał się w kamień lub pękał.
If someone managed to start talking till dawn, he would be safe because
troll changed into stone or burst being under influence of rising sun.
/*****/
Słynne olbrzymy
The famous giants
/*****/
Albion - władał Brytanią, zanim osiedlili się tam ludzie. Wyzwał Herkulesa na pojedynek zapaśniczy w którym zginął.
Albion - he ruled Great Britain, before people settled there. He challenged Hercules to a wrestling duel which he died in.
/*****/
Enkelados - według mitologii rzymskiej walczył z bogami. Za karę Zeus uwięził go pod wulkanem Etną. Gdy olbrzym szarpie się i rzuca, następuje wybuch wulkanu.
Enkelados - according to Roman mythology he fought with gods. Zeus trapped him under Etna volcano as a punishment. When giant struggles and thrashes about eruption of volcano follows.
/*****/
Fafnir - w mitologii skandynawskiej był synem króla karłów, zabił ojca i skazał na wygnanie brata, aby stać się jedynym właścicielem przeklętego złota. Przybiera postać złowieszczego smoka, strzegącego skarbu.
Fafnir - was a son of dwarfs' king in Norse mythology, he killed his father and condemned his brother to exile so that to become only owner of cursed gold. He assumes form of sinister dragon keeping treasure.
/*****/
Goliat - ze Starego Testamentu był olbrzymem filistyńskim. Zabił go młody pasterz Dawid kamieniem celnie wystrzelonym z procy.
Goliat - was Filistin giant from the Old Testament. He was killed by young shepherd David by means of stone accurately shooting from sling.
/*****/
Polifem - z greckiego mitu był potwornym jednookim cyklopem, synem boga mórz, Posejdona. Uwięziony przez niego w jaskini Odyseusz oślepił go, wybijając mu jedyne oko. W ten sposób naraził się jego potężnemu ojcu.
Polifem - from Greek myth was monstrous one-eyed cyclop, son of the seas' god, Posejdon. Odyseusz was trapped by him in a cave blinded him knocking his only eye out. In this way he made himself unpopular with his powerful father.
/*****/
Atlas - w mitologii greckiej dźwigał na swych ramionach sklepienie niebieskie
Atlas - in Greek mythology he lifted on his arms firmament.

/***************************************************************************/

Vocabulary:
fairylike - baśniowy
be characterized by - odznaczać się czymś
extraordinary - nadzwyczajny
resemblance - podobieństwo
mighty - potężny
come into being - powstawać
ruler - władca
victorious - zwycięski
reign - panownie
jungle - dżungla, puszcza
powerless - bezsilny
assault - napadać
trample - tratować
farmer - rolnik
abduct - uprowadzić
cereal - zboże
find it tasty - zasmakować w czymś
hunchbacked - garbaty
not to say - wręcz
miniature - miniaturowy
forehead - czoło
stump - pniak
slip through sb's hands - wymykać się komuś z rąk
puzzle - zagadka
start talking - zagadać
Norse myths - mity skandynawskie
challenge sb to a duel - wyzwać kogoś na pojedynek
be trapped - być uwięzionym
volcano - wulkan
thrash about - miotać się
dwarf - karzeł
condemn sb to exile - skazać kogoś na wygnanie
so that - aby
assume - przybierać
sinister - złowieszczy
shepherd - pasterz
accurate - celny
sling - proca
monstrous - potworny
make o.s. unpopular with sb - narazić się komuś
firmament - sklepienie niebieskie
1. The Giants are fairylike (nie - fairylike to znaczy 'like a fairy'- napewno one takie nie byly, slowo ktore potrzebujesz to fairytale) beings who have human forms and are characterized by huge height and extraordinary strengTH.
2.FOR thousands of years men imagineD them resembling humans, but of course, mUCH LARGER and more mightIER.
3.IN this way, myths and stories about giants came into being.
4.In ancient Greek and Norse mythology, the Giants were the first rulers of the world.
5.Later Gods came along and fought with them a victorious battle for power.
6.The Giants, who managed to survive, hid in caves and jungles.
7.They hated the Gods but they were powerless.
8.They begAn to assault people.rn9.They trampled on farmers crops and abducted the cattle.
10.A lot of them found human flesh tasty.
11.In Scandinavian folk stories there occur the strangest giants- Trolls.
12.They were not very tall but were short, hunchbacked and rather miniature.
13. They had one eye in the middle of their forehead and resembled ugly tree stumps.
14.They usually hunted at night and their favourite food was people.
15. The best way to slip through troll's hands was to ask him a puzzle.
16.If someone had managed to talk to the troll until dawn, he would be safe because the troll changed into a stone or burst under the rays of the rising sun.
Famous giants (bez 'the)
1.Albion - he ruled Great Britain, before people settled there. He hallenged Hercules to a wrestling duel in which he died.
2.Enkelados - according to Roman mythology he fought with the Gods. Zeus trapped him under the volcano Etna as punishment. When the giant struggles and thrashes about eruption of volcano follows.
3.Fafnir - was a son of the dwarfs king in Norse mythology, he killed his father and condemned his brother to exile to become the only owner of the cursed gold. He assumes the form of a sinister treasure-keeping dragon.
4. Goliat - was a Filistin giant from the Old Testament. He was killed by a young shepherd David by means of stone accurately shot from a sling.
5.Polifem - in Greek mythology was a monstrous one-eyed cyclop, son of the sea god, Poseidon. Odyseusz who was trapped by him in a cave blinded him knocking out his only eye. In this way he made himself unpopular with his powerful father.
7.Atlas - in Greek mythology he lifted the firmament on his arms.
Dziękuję za poprawki :) Uczę się tłumaczyć i robię wiele błędów jak widać...

« 

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia