Jak poprawnie powinno brzmieć to zdanie?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam,
jak powiedzieć 'tego sie właśnie obawiałam, naprawdę miałam nadzieję, że to jednak okaże się prawdą'? czy 'that's what I was afraid of, I really hoped that it was (is?) truth' jest poprawne?
z góry dziękuje za pomoc i pozdrawiam :)
Prawie OK.

'That's what I was afraid of, because I really hoped that it was otherwise/the opposite.'
'That's what I was afraid of - I really hoped that it would turn out to be the truth.'
'That's what I was afraid of. I really hoped it was true.' (spoken)
Cytat: grudziu
'That's what I was afraid of - I really hoped that it would turn out to be the truth.'
'That's what I was afraid of. I really hoped it was true.' (spoken)

A to 1 może być 'That's what I was afraid of - I really hoped that it was truth' czy musi być 'turned out to be'?
To ostatnie co napisałeś dopuszczalne jest tylko w języku mowionym, tak?
"...it was true/the truth." Obojętnie.

To ostatnie jest trochę uproszczone, bo nie mam 'that' po 'hope'.

Cześć Dave :)

Czy w drugiej części zdania można użyć Past Perfect: I had hoped - 'to describe past intentions which were unfulfilled'?
Note that the flow of speaking is, most of the time, over grammar. Sometimes, what is grammatically correct is not spoken because of a 'stilted' way of sounding.
Cenna uwaga, dziękuje.
The last post was addressed juste33. Hi Labtes. No authority on English here, but I think that it would be even better to use the Past Perfect tense - many a native would not have used it, though. How is your reading Quirk's Bible going? What page have you finished your reading at? I must pick up where I left off. I have read nearly half of the book.
miał nadzieję, ale cały czas się obawiał - te dwa stany umysłu występowały równocześnie, dlatego nie użyłbym tutaj Past Perfect.
It wasn't good timing :)
I'm afraid to ask a great deal of questions here to avoid being rebuked :) 2/3 of the book is behind me but I often have to go back to the previous chapters to refresh my memory. At least, now I understand how ignorant of English I am but it motivates me, though. When I finish the 'bloody' book I'll take the liberty of asking you for yet another recommendation, if you wouldn't mind :)

PS sorry for any mistakes :)
mg - OK
Labtes, everybody is very nice and polite here to be sort of assistance to you. You can 'dig' for grammar news as chickens scratching around and looking for food :-). I have learned a lot here, because I was asking questions, and I will still be doing that. They [our forum friends] have a lot of knowledge to pass on - we have simply to ask. In addition, they have something more - experience with current practical English usage. Book knowledge is just little to be a proficient speaker of any foreign language.

So feel free to ask any types of questions to clear off your doubts, or to stengthen what you already know. We, learners, still need a bit of a 'heads up'. I am struggling with a few syntactical mistakes which creep in unbidden, and Of course, it's unfair to judge anyones' linguistic capabilities from the (mostly unedited)hurried posts we all dash off on this particular forum. We all are careless here sometimes and I don't think anyone has completely escaped having someone else point out where they have unconsciously made a complete pratt of themselves by some error that they would never make irl.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.