Dlaczego nie daję się tu will?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam mam taki problem ze zrozumieniem dlaczego tu się will nie daje.

Mam takie zdanie:
Kiedy skończysz tę książke, daj ją Piotrowi.
When you finish with this book, give it to Peter.

Dlaczego nie ma tu : When you will finish...., tylko jest When you finish....

Kolejny przykład:
Może wyjadę na tydzień lub dwa.
I might go away for a week or two.

Dlaczego nie ma tu I might will go away?
Przecież wyjadę jest to po polsku czas przyszły?
Czy źle ja to interpretuję? Proszę o wyjaśnienie.
zwykle nie pisze się will po when oraz po if, oczywiście są wyjątki od tej reguły

might w tym zdaniu jest czasownikiem modalnym i nie pisze się tego z 'will'

I might go away for a week or two.
She may not come tomorrow.
You should go on the beach with us on Friday.
Cytat: zielonosiwy

You can spent some time on the beach, you can go on the beach trip, you can run on the beach. Basically, you can do a lot of things on the beach like, for example, getting horizontal or 'what comes naturally' (Terri will know better what that means:) but here it's ' .... TO the beach....', ok.
zielonosiwy ma rację.

'When+ will' jest popularne w pytaniach:

'When will Tom get back home from work' - a direct question
'Tell me when Tom will get back home from work - an indirect question made out of the above one

'When' bez 'will' jest używane, gdy 'when' jest 'a conjunction of time' w zdaniu czasowym (an adverbial time clause):

"Pay me a visit when you are in my town." This is a sort of habitual present.
Cytat: savagerhino
Cytat: zielonosiwy

You can spent some time on the beach, you can go on the beach trip, you can run on the beach. Basically, you can do a lot of things on the beach like, for example, getting horizontal or 'what comes naturally' (Terri will know better what that means:) but here it's ' .... TO the beach....', ok.

dokladnie - you go to a place but you go on a trip
Cytat: grudziu
'When' bez 'will' jest używane, gdy 'when' jest 'a conjunction of time' w zdaniu czasowym (an adverbial time clause):

"Pay me a visit when you are in my town." This is a sort of habitual present.

nie zupelnie
fakt - to jest przyklad adverbial clause of time, ale tutaj nie ma nic do czynienia z pojeciem habit
when you are in my town = okolicznik czasu w formie time clause; tak jak bys mowil
Pay me a visit (pytanie Kiedy?) next year. albo wtedy, kiedy jestes (w polskim tlumaczeniu bedziesz) w moim miescie.
What if that guy commutes to the town every day, because, let's say, he works there? I know what you meant, Engee. You are the Insufferable Pedant. :-)

The key is to decide what function 'when' performs in the sentence - whether it works as a 'temporal adverbial conjunction' or as a relative pronoun etc.
Cytat: grudziu
What if that guy commutes to the town every day, because, let's say, he works there? I know what you meant, Engee. You are the Insufferable Pedant. :-)

po czesci masz racje; ja osobiscie uzylbym ponizszej formy, aby przekazac habitual meaning:
Pay me a visit whenever/every time you are in my town.

to jest conjunction w tym calym zdaniu; w zdaniu podrzednym chyba relative pronoun
Masz racje. Tutaj askerowi chodziło akurat o 'when', dlatego nie wnikałem w inne możliwości. Trudno wyrazić całą zasadę językową na jednym przykładzie.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie