DARE - blend (auxiliary and main verb) [z cyklu "labtesa potyczki z 'Bandą Czworga'"]

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
"Blends between the auxiliary construction and the main verb construction occur and seem to be widely acceptable (more so in the case of dare than in that of need):

They do not dare ask for more.
Do they dare ask for more?

These two examples combine the DO-support of the main verb construction with the bare infinitive of the auxiliary construction. On the hypothesis that there are two different verbs (the main verb DARE and the auxiliary verb dare), one would expect these to be ungrammatical; but they are not. The past tense form dared without DO-support may be regarded as another example of a blend, since the -ed past inflection is not characteristic of modal verbs:

They dared not carry out their threat."

I dlaczego nie wyjaśnili dlaczego te zdania gramatycznie poprawne? :) Czy odpowiedź kryje się w słowie blend, które można traktować po prostu jako wyjątek?

PS dopisek w temacie pozwoli mi na łatwiejsze wyszukiwanie wątków w przyszłości.
widocznie przyjęli, że są "poprawne", bo ludzie tak mówią
Problem z głowy. Dziękuję.
Labtes@ Widzę, że nadal romansujesz z Quirk'iem? :)
z Qurkiem, grudziu, z Quirkiem. Apostrof nie jest tam potrzebny
Czesc Dave. Tak, to Twoja zasluga :)
Jednym z moich celow jest przerobienie tej ksiazki przed smiercia.
spokojnie zdazysz... jeszcze moze Fenomenologie Ducha uda Ci sie przerobić
Lab@ I feel guilty about making you familiar with the book, then. :-)
And you should :)
Honestly, I really enjoy it. For my part it is a kind of masochism which is not considered a fixation.
edytowany przez labtes: 11 wrz 2015
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.