Proszę o sprawdzenie

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
A. Complete the idioms in the sentences below with the correct word.

1. We don’t agree what or when we should advertise. In fact, it seems we don’t see EYE to eye on anything at all.
2. In many countries, people make a comment about the weather to BREAK the ice and start a conversation.
3. I’d just told my hosts I hated fish when it turned out they’d spent hours making fish soup, one of their nationals dishes. I had really put my FOOT in it.
4. I didn’t know exactly how long I had for my presentation, and I knew nothing about the audience. The organisers had really thrown me in at the DEEP end.
5. After a few minutes we found we had loads at things in common. We just got ON like a house on fire.

B. Put the words in the correct order to make idioms.

1. to / water / into / hot / get
2. to / opener / real / a / be / eye-
3. to / out / fish / feel / water / a / of / like

1. to get into hot water
2. to be a real eye-opener
3. to feel like a fish out of water

C. Use an idiom from Exercise B in the correct from to complete these sentences.

1. That business trip to China …………………to be a real eye-opener…………………… for me. That’s when I began to understand the culture.
2. Don’t be late for the departmental meeting, or you …………to get into hot water…………………………..………….. with the boss.
3. I really …………………………to feel like a fish out of water……….. at the reception.
Very few people spoke English, and those who did, didn’t have much to say.

D. Complete the sentences with a preposition from the box.

Out over up in with of

1. Leo’s been to Nigeria many times. He knows the culture inside out.
2. We’ve told you everything about this job opportunity in Uzbekistan. Now you tell us what you think. The ball is ……………over……… your court.
3. Sometimes it doesn’t really matter if you don’t know the culture. You just need to maintain a good-natured attitude and go……of…… the flow.
4. Because she has a very good grasp ………in…… Russian, Linda quickly became integrated into the local community when she moved to Omsk.
5. If any of the presentations runs ………with………….. schedule, we’ll be late for the final plenary meeting.
6. With this conference next month, we’re all ……up……………. to our eyes in work at the office.
C
masz wstawic te idiomy w poprawnej formie gramatycznej
D
2,3, 4, 5 źle
6 ok
W 'C' nie możesz użyć w formie bezokolicznika.
C. Use an idiom from Exercise B in the correct from to complete these sentences.

1. That business trip to China …………………is a real eye-opener…………………… for me. That’s when I began to understand the culture.
2. Don’t be late for the departmental meeting, or you …………are getting into hot water…………………………..………….. with the boss.
3. I really …………………………felt like a fish out of water……….. at the reception.
Very few people spoke English, and those who did, didn’t have much to say.

D. Complete the sentences with a preposition from the box.

Out over up in with of

1. Leo’s been to Nigeria many times. He knows the culture inside out.
2. We’ve told you everything about this job opportunity in Uzbekistan. Now you tell us what you think. The ball is ………in………… your court.
3. Sometimes it doesn’t really matter if you don’t know the culture. You just need to maintain a good-natured attitude and go…with…… the flow.
4. Because she has a very good grasp ……of……… Russian, Linda quickly became integrated into the local community when she moved to Omsk.
5. If any of the presentations runs ………over……….. schedule, we’ll be late for the final plenary meeting.
6. With this conference next month, we’re all ……up…………. to our eyes in work at the office.
a teraz ?
C. 1 i 2 wciąż źle, imo ;-))
edytowany przez Aaric: 17 lut 2017
on your court, run behind schedule
Cytat: jamiroquai23
on your court, run behind schedule
mają być użyte tylko podane słowa.
you'll get into hot water..., was an eye-opener
You're genius ;-))
@jamiroquai23

przeszkadzasz.
@jamiroquai23

nie o to chodzi, żeby się popisywac, ale żeby tak naprowadzić pytającego (w przypadkach, w których to jes tmożliwe), żeby sam doszedł do poprawnych odpowiedzi
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia