Parallel structures: man and rabbit

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
W rozdziale: The generic use of the zero article banda czworga pisze:

Cytat: name
Man and woman meaning ‘the male/female part of the human race’ are now less often used in a generic sense:
Woman is the glory of all created existence. (S. Richardson)
Because of objections to the generic use of man, other expressions are often preferred: humankind, the human race, etc.

Parallel structures make a special case; note that man and woman, man and wife do not refer to the human race:
Man and rabbit display remarkable similar features in mating behaviour.

But the following is unacceptable except in technical, scientific use:
*Rabbit displays similar features to man.

Nie rozumiem o co chodzi z brakiem przedimka w przykładzie Man and rabbit .... O ‘parallel structures[/i] piszą:
There is a tendency to omit the article, even with singular count nouns, where two nouns are placed together in a parallel structure.
[…]
Such parallel structures are virtually idioms exemplifying ‘frozen’ article use.

oraz z internetu:
What is Parallel Structure?
Single words, multi-word phrases and clauses can be made parallel by ensuring each item is equal.

Dlaczego Man and rabbit traktuje się jako parallel structure a np :

Accountant and goat went to the forest.

nie? Brakuje przedimka, zgadza się?

Czy chodzi o to, że zarówno man jak i rabbit mają tutaj generic meaning?

Nie rozumiem też scientific use of ‘rabbit’ w ostatnim przykładzie.

Pomożecie, proszę?
wg mnie chodzi o to, że man i rabbit to sa dwa gatunki w sensie biologicznym
accountant nie jest gatunkiem takim jak goat.
A gdyby zamienić accountant na powiedzmy bull?

Bull and goat went to the forest.

Czy to możnaby uznać za parallel structure? Wydaje mi się, że nie chyba że sens zdania lub kontekst wskazywałby że chodzi o gatunki. Dobrze kombinuję?
masz racje, w tym zdaniu jest mowa o pojedynczych osobnikach, a nie o gatunkach. Przedimki bylyby konieczne
No tak, w końcu piszą o tym w rozdziale the generic use of the zero article więc mój przykład z księgowym był bez sensu.

Te naukowe użycie rabbit też już pojmuję :)

Dziękuję.