don't have / have no

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-53 z 53
| następna
Cytat:
Who has ever developed more than one theory of relativity of something or other?

This is irrelevant. The sentence talks only about Einstein.

Cytat:
only prototypical sentence subjects are normally agents and topics at the same time. "Only Haydn… "and "Even Haydn…", for example, are explicitly not prototypical and the sentences they head do not have to be about the subjects (and are not, more often than not.)

"Only" is just an adjective here. It gives some more information about the pronoun "Haydn" but doesn't magically make "Haydn" anything other than the subject and the topic of the sentence.

Cytat:
You are a fool, as I said before.

You've said it many times already, and not only about me, and not only under this account. That's just your way of raising your ego made easier by the anonimity the Internet provides.

Cytat: krzychu1988r
One more time I please ask everybody to write in Polish, especially it refers to the user Janski. .

Pisanie po angielsku legitymizuje Janskiego. Gdyby pisał po polsku, to brzmiałby bardziej "swojsko" i przez to nikt by na niego nie zwracał uwagi.
Natomiast mam nadzieję, że pokazałem, że to, że ktoś pisze po angielsku, nie znaczy, że wszystko, co pisze jest mądre.
Cytat:
PS. I speak english in general (I can talk about daily activities), but about grammar truly I prefer to consulte in polish. I hope you don't feel discouraged becuase of it.

Fair enough. You won't get anything from me though.
edytowany przez Janski: 03 wrz 2018
Who has ever developed more than one theory of relativity of something or other?

[quote}This is irrelevant. The sentence talks only about Einstein.

"Only Haydn… "and "Even Haydn…" [/quote]

Cytat:
"Only" is just an adjective here. It gives some more information about the pronoun "Haydn" but doesn't magically make "Haydn" anything other than the subject and the topic of the sentence.

Here "only" and "even" are adverbials, not adjectivals.
Were they restrictive adjectivals, "the" would be wanted:

The only Haydn... The even Haydn... But that would be absurd.

Trivial (nonrestrictive) modifications would not require "the", but what would "even Haydn" and "only Haydn" mean? I have no idea.

Topics usually set up more than a single sentence; the concept of topic obviously went way over your head.

I repeat, and that gives me no pleasure: You know less than little. On top of that, you are a fool, which is much worse.
edytowany przez Janski: 03 wrz 2018
Cytat:
Fair enough. You won't get anything from me though.

As if anyone ever got anything from you here but obfuscating explanations they never asked for in the first place! :D

Cytat:
Here "only" and "even" are adverbials, not adjectivals.

I meant to write "adverb". My bad.

Cytat:
Were they restrictive adjectivals, "the" would be wanted:
The only Haydn... The even Haydn... But that would be absurd.
Trivial (nonrestrictive) modifications would not require "the", but what would "even Haydn" and "only Haydn" mean? I have no idea.
Topics usually set up more than a single sentence; the concept of topic obviously went way over your head.

How is that relevant to the topic under discussion?

Cytat:
You know less than little. On top of that, you are a fool, which is much worse.

I don't know what Einstein and Chopin have taught you but clearly Socrates hasn't taught you epistemological modesty.
Cytat:
I don't know what Einstein and Chopin have taught you but clearly Socrates hasn't taught you epistemological modesty.

I stand corrected: You know less than little, and you are a fool, and you are a bitch. I bet you will never marry, and if you somehow do, God help him.
Janski, are you a shrinking violet from middle school? Check out 'gimbaza' in Polish, because that is how you're behaving.
Cytat: Janski
I bet you will never marry

This would raise eyebrows even in gimbaza.
your prospects aren't too bad, I suppose, considering that you can tell the difference between a silver-washed fritillary and a Scotch argus.
You should work as a private investigator.
edytowany przez zielonosiwy: 06 wrz 2018
I have my little ways :-)
Pragnę zauważyć, że dyskusja mocno odeszła już od pierwotnego pytania.
tak bywa
Cytat: krzychu1988r
Pragnę zauważyć, że dyskusja mocno odeszła już od pierwotnego pytania.

pragnę zauważyć, że dawno już dostałeś odpowiedź na swoje pytanie :-)
teraz rozsiądź się wygodnie w fotelu i obserwuj, jak inaczej ludzie się zachowują w internecie niż w rzeczywistości
Cytat: mg
Janski, are you a shrinking violet from middle school? Check out 'gimbaza' in Polish, because that is how you're behaving.

You meant to say "Look up." That's how you find foreign words in a dictionary.
"Checking out" means something else, but you have never done this. Try it once, and you will, with some outside help, perhaps learn.
'checking out' means more than 'looking up'. A dictionary definition will not usually contain a sufficient description of the associated connotations or a sufficient quantity of examples out of which one could construe such connotations.
Cytat: mg
Check out 'gimbaza' in Polish

co ty tam mg chciales powiedziec, tak po polsku, bo jak czytalem ten post po wpisie Janskiego, nie moglem sie doczytac twojego przekazu
nie wiesz, z czym się kojarzy 'gimbaza'?
z niczym, bo nie znam tego slowa; a mi chodzi o to, co miales na mysli piszac 'check out'
wyjasnilem powyżej
no tak, tyle ze tam jest po angielsku - mi chodzi o polskie znacznie tego czasownika frazowego
jak w 'check this word out'
akurat mialem mozliwosc przewertowania kilku pozycji z zakresu czasownikow zlozonych, i najblizsze ze znaczen, jakie mi sie wydaje, ze chciales przekazac, to te dotyczace 'doswiadczenia' - cos jak: Jak nie wiesz tego czy owego to 'przejdz sie' do gimbazy, to wtedy 'zobaczysz/doswiadczysz/zrozumiesz' o czym mowie
po polsku mlodziez mowi 'obczaj'
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-53 z 53
| następna