possibility cz chance?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Witam,
Które z podanych słów jest to poprawne? Zarówno possibility jak i chance idzie z "of" ale podobno poprawne jest jedno.
I'm afraid there's no ...........................of seeing Mr.Brown until tomorrow.
a) possibility b) chance
[URL=https://www.ang.pl/forum/nowy-temat].[/URL]
formal language: possibility

'chance' would also be something you couldn't control and here the speaker is apparently in control of the situation
moim zdaniem tutaj pasuje raczej 'chance'
'chance' = degree of probability, co bardziej mowi nam o realnej mozliwosci zrobienia czegos; 'possibility' to mowienie o tym, co ogolnie moze sie wydarzyc
pasują oba, ale chodzi o oficjalny styl.
nie sadze, zeby to mialo jakis zwiazek ze stylem
A chance of success (formal or informal).
A risk of failure (formal or informal).
A possibility is neutral (either of failure or of success).

Here: only possibility is possible.
But here's no chance of utilizing 'possibility' in that sentence, I'm afraid.
Cytat: engee30
But here's no chance of utilizing 'possibility' in that sentence, I'm afraid.

Utilizing and utilization suggests a deliberate decision or--quite often futile--effort to employ or reuse something for a practical purpose.

Some things can be utilized, for example garbage, refuse, litter, bird droppings, horse manure, etc. Words are used; whenever words are befittingly used, they establish paragons of word use or usage and never of word utilization.
Utilize your post elsewhere, if you get my drift.
Janski, we both know you're merely avoiding to comment on my previous post - 'utilize' or 'use, whathever - just try to understand why the author of that sentence wanted to try for you to use your logic properly
as for that utilize issue - I realise it's now often simply treated as a grandiose synonym of 'use', but that doesn't necessarily mean it cannot be used
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia