Jaka różnica ?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Czy można powiedzieć i tak i tak oraz jak zmienia to sens zdania ?
przyszłość naszych dzieci
1. Our children's future is unknown.
2.The future of our children i unknown.

Jeszcze jedno pytanie jaka jest różnica w ?
Occuring very seldom a Happening very seldom ?
edytowany przez KwasnyKefir: 17 sty 2020
nie ma roznicy

occurring

occur jest bardziej oficjalne niz happen
seldom jest bardzo niepotocznym slowem, z czego wynika, że w tym przypadku pasuje occurring
Cytat: KwasnyKefir
Czy można powiedzieć i tak i tak oraz jak zmienia to sens zdania ?
przyszłość naszych dzieci
1. Our children's future is unknown.
2.The future of our children i unknown.

At first blush, both seem to mean the same, but, on closer inspection, they don't.

In "The future of our children," "of" heads a prepositional phrase that specifies the noun it follows; in other words, it narrows down the reference of "future" to that portion of "future" that our children (will) face. The phrase in itself introduces and defines the concept denoted by it. Here "of" does not denote possession.

In "Our children's future," the meaning of the phrase "children's future" is presupposed as semantic. The possessive " 's" does denote a kind of possession relation between the possessor (our children) and the possessee (the future).
zgadzam sie z Janski, i w jez. potocznym to zalezy co chcesz podkreslic jako najwazniejsze, czy 'future... czy 'children'. Cos mi sie wydaje ze w jez. polskim to nie gra tak samo...'Przyszlosc naszych dzieci' czy '*naszych dzieci przyszlosc',
Dziękuje wszystkim za odpowiedzi.
Janski, dziękuje za Twoją odpowiedź, jest oczywiście wyczerpująca i rzeczowa, spełnia również zadane przesłanki będąc odpowiedzią na zadane pytanie, jednak gdybym znał angielski na tyle, aby zrozumieć to w stopniu wystarczającym, zadał bym to pytanie na https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ a nie na polskim forum, na którym zadałem pytanie po polsku - liczyłem raczej na odpoweidź rówenież w tym języku. Tak czy inaczej zazdro jeżeli chodzi o poziom angielskiego!
po polsku roznica bylaby cxhyba w akcencie:
our children's future - przyszlosc naszych dzieci
the future of our children - przyszlosc naszych dzieci
Cytat: KwasnyKefir
Dziękuje wszystkim za odpowiedzi.
Janski, dziękuje za Twoją odpowiedź...

You could ask someone for translation of what I wrote earlier and what follows.

It's not an issue of stress, and it is not a matter of what is or isn't important at a given moment.

The choice seems to reflect the epistemic status of the denotatum. The of-phrase modification introduces a relationship as new. The genitive in "'s" relies on a presumably already known relation and is preferred whenever a more costly of-phrase would be functionally redundant and wordy.

Jacques-Louis David created a magnificent painting depicting the scene of suicide by Socrates.
It is appropriately titled "The Death of Socrates," and not "Socrates' Death."

https://artclasscurator.com/death-of-socrates-painting-meaning-video-transcript/

"Socrates' Death," as an alternative title, would be hopeless.

However, in a paper about Socrates, I could write something like "After Socrates' death, his disciples remained in mourning for years."

Here, the denotatum—A, B, and the dynamic relation between A and B—is presupposed as established earlier and there is no need for its reintroduction.

To tease out this difference, one could be tempted to look for a hint in the grammatical realm of strong and weak definiteness: anaphoric definiteness is strong, and so is the definiteness determined by 's genitives. The of-phrased "the A of B's" are definite but weak; they gladly introduce novelties and not yet established relations.

The relation between Socrates (my colleague next door) and his desk is readily presupposed as well-established to the hearer when I say "I left the paperwork on Socrates' desk."
"I left the paperwork on the desk of Socrates" would be unacceptable.
@Janski
you brought my back to years ago when I studied history and art and J.L. David's 'The death of Socrates'. You don't get art like that anymore. :-)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.