DO as an intransitive substitute

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
"In BrE many allow the possibility of adding after the operator an optional do as an intransitive substitute verb. This can take place only rarely after do as an operator (...):
Bob says he is going to join the Labour Party. It will be interesting to see whether he does (do)."

Te 'does' jest oznaczone w tekście jako 'nuclear syllable'.

'Do' jest substytutem 'join the Labour Party'.
Nie rozumiem dlaczego tam jest 'does'. Może dlatego, że w zdaniu nadrzędnym jest 'will'?

Pomożecie proszę?
po whether mozna uproscic czas, tzn. nie uzywac will, tylko do
Czyli mogłoby być 'will'? I czy byłaby jakaś różnica?
nie wiem, zawodzi mnie wyczucie
Cytat: mg

może powinieneś sobie test zrobić? ;-)
Dziękuję
Cytat: zielonosiwy
Cytat: mg

może powinieneś sobie test zrobić? ;-)

Labtes już mnie zdiagnozował w innym wątku
troche niepelne informacje zawarte w tej ksiazce, bo jak to by wygladalo takie cos:
You say you are going to join the Labour Party. It will be interesting to see whether you do (do).
tylko w przypadku 3 os.l.poj. ma to jakies zastosowanie, a i wtedy bylaby to rzadkosc
Dobry przykład, engee40 :)
Cytat: labtes
Dobry przykład, engee40 :)

counting years of mine, eh?
Cristiano Ronaldo to przy Tobie dzieciak :-)
hear hear
Cytat: engee30
counting years of mine, eh?

merely implying that your profile name needs an update :)

EDIT: necessitates chyba przekombinowane :) zostańmy przy needs.
edytowany przez labtes: 28 wrz 2020
My nick had been chosen by me to serve a useful and clear purpose, Lab - so that I could remember going online for the first time in my life

Now, back to the topic, a feeling of incompleteness necessitates my providing you with this bit of information:
We generally use the Present (Simple) Tense to refer to the future after 'whether'; in the case of indirect questions, it all depends on the context
'Why don't we go for a bike ride this weekend?' 'Well, that depends on whether it's a fine one.'
The match will definitely take place whether it's raining or (whether) it's sunny.
I wonder whether this fix will last a long time.
I don't know whether they agree or disagree with us.
Can we say that whether has the same grammatical function as if?
Broadly speaking, yes.
Dziękuję
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.