Murphy'any problem - should

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
ktoś może mi wytłumaczyć (Murphy 3rd grammar str. 68 [Should, unit 34 C])
Jak przetłumaczyć te zdania i na czym polegają te konstrukcje
verb + adjective + that + subject + should + object
It's strange that he should be late. He is usaully on time. - Dziwne by był spóźniony?? Zwykle przybywa na czas.
I was surprised that he should say such a thing. - Zaskoczyło mnie że mógł powiedzieć taką rzecz . Czy dobrze rozumiem te konstrukcje??
A far as I know, we can use SHOULD in a that-clause (after 'be' + adjective) when we talk about our own reaction to something we are reporting after a number of adjectives describing feelings, e.g. amazed, anxiuos, astonishing, concerned, disappointed, funny, interesting, natural, odd, strange, surprised, surprising, typical, upset, etc.
The difference lies in our attitude toward something - if we want to sound more emphatic, or when we want to be formal, we use SHOULD then. However, we leave out SHOULD in less formal contexts. Cf.
It's strange that he should be late...
OR
It's strange that he is late...
To dziwne, że się spóźnia...

I was surprised that he should say such a thing.
OR
I was surprised that he said such a thing.
Byłem zaskoczony, że coś takiego powiedział/że mógł coś takiego powiedzieć.

I am concerned that he should think I did it on purpose.
OR
I am concerned that he thinks I did it on purpose.
Martwi mnie to, że on myśli, iż zrobiłem to celowo.
Impressive explanation :P Dzięki
You're most welcome. :-)
Hmm... kolejna konstrukcje co do których nie jestem pewien:
1. Do you think You could lend me your car? - Czy nie miałbyś nic przeciwko gdybym pożyczył twoj samochód? - Czy to dobre tłumaczenie??
2. Is it all right if I come in? - Czy to formalna prośba??
3. A tu widzę sprzeczność
Would you mind if I use your phone? - w gramatyce Murphy'ego - czas teraź.
Would you mind if I opened the window? - w gramatyce Siudy - czas przeszły
Proszę o wytłumaczenie.
I'm afraid your copy of the book by Murphy may be inaccurate. In mine, there is 'Do you mind if I use your phone?'. Unit 37C. 'Would you mind + present time' wouldn't be correct.
To ja okazałem się nieścisły :/ musiałem zerknąć na Siudę, gdy pisałem o Murphym (obie książki miałem otwarte) mam takie samo wydanie jak ty. Przepraszam za wprowadzenie w błąd.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

CPE

»

Nauka języka