pytanie do mg

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Czesc mg:

I have been spending some time on the language site livemocha.com I am sweating over the writing exercises and have also been submitting speaking samples. One particular gentleman has been kind enough to disect my pronounciation (which I greatly appreciate) to smithereens and has left a number of lengthy comments. I shared some of these comments with our dear friend Madam TDH and she's not sure she agrees with his comments. Naturally, I wanted to kick it upstairs to an even higher authority (ale smaruje co?) to zwracam sie do Pana. :)

-----Original Message-----
I think I have found my own personal language coach:

"1) Tendencja do osłabiania (redukcji) samogłosek wygłosowych (także w sylabie typu:Cv) jest nienaturalna w polszczyźnie.

np. najkrótsze; bu-dynek

2) Palatalizacja (właściwość polszczyzny) jest trudna ale trzeba ją konsekwentnie stosować.

np. cięższy, pociąg; Dzisiejsza

Ponadto:

restauracja [wym. restau-racja, nie: reste-racja]

włosy nie: fłosy w: /najkrótsze fłosy/"

and then he left me some audio, plus this comment.

"Bardzo dobrym ćwiczeniem uwypuklającym różnice fonetyczne podobnych ale niejednakowych dźwięków istniejących w polszczyźnie i angielszczyźnie jest słuchanie Polaków którzy mówią po angielsku. Początkujący będą stosować niemalże w 100% własny system fonetyczny. Na przykładzie wyrazów takich jak: much; beach; job; jam; John moźna łatwo wychwycić polską miękką spółgłoskę [ć];[dź].

Łatwiej będzie później wymówić polskie wyrazy takie jak: cięższy, pociąg; dzisiejsza

From Madam TDH:
But I'm not sure if this is correct:
"Na przykładzie wyrazów takich jak: much; beach; job; jam; John moźna łatwo wychwycić polską miękką spółgłoskę [ć];[dź]."

Polish students of English that I have heard, pronounced these English words with hard Polish "cz" (much, beach) and "dż" (job, jam, John), not the soft "ć" and "dź".
I would run this by mg - he'll have a much better idea. Perhaps it depends on the teacher - how she/he teaches the pronunciation?
"1) Tendencja do osłabiania (redukcji) samogłosek wygłosowych (także w sylabie typu:Cv) jest nienaturalna w polszczyźnie.

np. najkrótsze; bu-dynek

Vowel reduction is a problem with foreigners speaking Polish if it is present in their native lgs (not only English, but Russian as well, and others). It is actually a feature that I hear very often if someone is making an impression of a Pole who's been in, say, the US for, say, three weeks and wants to show that they no longer can speak Polish properly :-) Still, I can't recall you having much difficulty avoiding reduction of unstressed vowels.

Ponadto:

restauracja [wym. restau-racja, nie: reste-racja]

To me, that's just another exmaple of vowel reduction.

"Bardzo dobrym ćwiczeniem uwypuklającym różnice fonetyczne podobnych ale niejednakowych dźwięków istniejących w polszczyźnie i angielszczyźnie jest słuchanie Polaków którzy mówią po angielsku. Początkujący będą stosować niemalże w 100% własny system fonetyczny. Na przykładzie wyrazów takich jak: much; beach; job; jam; John moźna łatwo wychwycić polską miękką spółgłoskę [ć];[dź].

Never heard that. if that was our natural tendency, the younger generation would have so much fun pronouncing 'much' as 'mać', but they don't

>From Madam TDH:
But I'm not sure if this is correct:
"Na przykładzie wyrazów takich jak: much; beach; job; jam; John moźna łatwo wychwycić polską miękką spółgłoskę [ć];[dź]."

>Polish students of English that I have heard, pronounced these English words with hard Polish "cz" (much, beach) and "dż" (job, jam, John), not the soft "ć" and "dź".

I concur.
And who's Madam TDH? she's definitely not me, though perhaps I'm beginning to feel some attraction.
Thanks very much for your thoughtful reply mg (how did you manage to ignore all my flattery and teasing btw?)

who is Madam TDH??

our mutual friend Eve74, of course
Ohhh...are you going to worship me like Janski did? I really enjoyed it...
The Prince of Darkness?...I don't know whether to cross myself or just shudder.
He was misunderstood by everyone.
Are you kidding me ?
Don't be jealous.
F**k me gently ! I can't belive it. "He was misunderstood by everyone".
Oh God, help me please.. to hold on..
Eve, can you help to translate the following term into Polish language.
I have some problems with understanding it. Well, you're a trained professional teacher, after all ?

No context :

"Walking scrud" ????
never heard it, sorry
I thought so, but you don't have to sorry. It's ("chodząca rzeżączka" ) because
(and I 'm really sorry to tell you that) this is, in fact,"what" you wacky doped, he-she pissing quim stinking honey-pot alias Prince of deep-throat–daisy-chain
back-door Kingdom and finally Janski is. Too many hyphens ? No.

You can tell him, I told so, at your earliest opportunity.

What I regreet indeed , is that my internet speed is very low.
what "your...
sorry Eve.
and cut *e..
>(how did you manage to ignore all my flattery and teasing btw?)

I get so much fan mail on a daily basis yours just passed unnoticed :-)

Joking aside. I always think that if I wrote along the lines of "No, really, I'm not that smart", it would sound insincere.
Were you expecting a thank-you at least? If so, I'm sorry, I'll try to behave myself next time.
No thank-you required, just lower that shield of impermeability once in a while. A girl needs to know she can make some kind of impact.
:)

Fan mail - good one
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

English only

»

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia