simply put

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Jak to jest z tym wyrażeniem? Czytam kolejną książkę, wydaje się że napisaną przez native speakera z UK i znów widzę zdanie rozpoczynające się od "simply put". Nie będę przytaczał tytułów książek i kontekstów, bo zebrałoby się tego sporo. Chcę tylko wiedzieć czy to wyrażenie jest poprawne i powszechnie używane jako poprawne czy tylko 'put it simply' przechodzi wam przez gardło, a raczej pióro? :)
A dlaczego uwazasz, ze jest niepoprawne?
No właśnie...?
właśnie uważam, że jest, ale mnie kiedyś siunia upomniała, że nie jest :) To pytam chłopcy :)
siunia here, broni swoj honor
"simply put,"(comma is important) is fine merix. I have no recollection of our conversation. :)
Too many late nights perhaps?

The phrase is used somewhat emphatically. It's often used at the conclusion of an explanation, discussion, description to leave the reader with a final point or impression.
1) Simply put = simply expressed - this is an easy and understandable way to put this idea into words.
2) Put simply = expressed simply - this idea put into words that are easily understood.
nic do powiedzenia: nie rozumiem. sugerujesz, ze 'put simply' znaczy co innego niz 'to put it simply'? czy jeszcze o cos innego Ci chodzilo?
ok, thx Siunia :)

Nite nite!
You need your beauty rest merix. You'll be old before you know it.
..which amounts to the same thing: How to pad out logic when you don't have anything to say.:) don't press the nuke button ok ?
and sex ..:)
I'm off to write to you....
Or..if there is no target in the immediate vicinity, you can always hide the salami :)
yes

"simply put" = "simply putting this" by simply (burp) manners
"put simply" = "putting this simply" by the simplified wording
Ok, meanwhile I'm going to drain my main vein..:)
And there began the tall tale of "put simply" versus "simply put" in the most circuitous manner,( or egregious ?) Beware of "egregious", it's not even ambigious adjective, it's a multiperplexable one. :)
sav ufff you are not human, but extraterrestrial leader from guiding star Thesaurus, and you came to Earth to confuse mankind through circuitous explanation. I ultimately learn that the answer given by you isn't real, it's rather more questions in loaded language forcing people to think.
I found your posts very exciting even you led me to disoriented state.
Nic do powiedzenia, what you wrote got me confused and made me google the phrases.
I found the following: http://www.alexa.com/reviews/wordreference.com

Which got me all the more perplexed.

Yet, some dictionaries list both phrases as being synonymous (e.g. http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/simply)
I'm a member of
http://forum.wordreference.com
this is my main source.
I too know that 'put simply' is correct. I spot it once when reading Clarkson's book "You never catch me" or sth of that ilk :) But I do also remember me being told off by siunia and others and since then I've never used it that way. Now, I have to say, dictionaries give different answers to my question and I find it really confusing. So I figure it may be yet another distinctive difference betwenn AmE and BrE usage, no?
spotted
OMG Sav, you're developing a following, a fan base, (maybe there will be groupies!!!)
As the longest suffering member, I claim rights of presidency
:)
merix: I most certainly didn't tell you off (are you sure you understand the emotional context of this sentence?)

simply put/put simply: I think folks are splitting hairs here. Like any language, English is a language of nuance and flow. "simply put" sounds more natural in AmE conversations and dialogues. Does that mean "put simply" is incorrect? Absolutely not. To me, "put simply" feels a little incomplete somehow. Everytime I see or read the phrase I want to use "to put it simply" instead, whereas "simply put" stands alone quite nicely.
Just my view and opinion
:)
>> spotTED it once when reading Clarkson's book "You never catch me" or sth of that ilk
...chyba nie masz na mysli Jeremy Clarkson, bo jego to bardzo trudno uwazac jako zrodlo poprawnej gramatyki. Trzeba czytac innych. merix,
Terri, nie poprawiaj mnie, skoro się już wcześniej poprawiłem :))
Clarkson pisze bardzo ładnie j.potocznym. Nie biorę go za wzór, ale przecież jego artykuły też muszą przejść przez jakąś korektę.
merix,
sorry, ale jak sam wiesz moje oczy juz nie sa najlepsze (too much s..)
Ja bardzo lubie Jeremy, 'he tells it like it is', a co do korekt, to sami nie wiemy kto to poprawia. On uzywa tak samo 'tickety boo' jak ja. Moze zaczniemy jakis trend?
Ja nie rozmawiam ze zwykłymi nativami, jak wiesz, tylko z ludźmi wyuczonymi i nie używam często slangu. Używanie języka to też swiadomy dobór odpowiednich słów. Bardziej nakręcają mnie do nauki słówka formalne niż slangowe :)
>>>>that the answer given by you isn't real

I didn't even intend to do that, for that matter. I understand that we want to have it all handed to us on a sliver platter and I'm no stranger to such the convenience.:-) But I admit, I'm quite propensive towards a "sesquipedalian
( polysyllabical :) fetish", so to speak, but in no wise does it come from malice at the same time.
Gag me with a spade ! Again rhyme, you see guys ;)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Brak wkładu własnego

»

Pomoc językowa