Standing Ovation - take a look, please!!

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Standing Ovation!!

I have seen the last production of Shakespeare's Hamlet staged in the National Theatre in P. One can hardly imagine a greater classic than the play by Shakespeare, neither are there other plays as frequently staged as Hamlet is. Therefore I was extremely curious to see how well the director Tom Banks managed
his challenging task. And I was by no means disappointed together with the full house in the National who gave the artists a standing ovation and called the actors and actress 65 times (encore!) before the courtain was finally drawn. I do not remember a greater success and I can bet half of my money that Banks' Hamlet is bound to be the box office winner of the season, if not the decade for that matter. wonderful job done by the producers and the cast!

Everyone who contributed to the dramatics is to be higly praised. The traditional yet fresh vision of the great tragedy on the part of the director captured the audience's atention and kept it, breathtakingly, from the first scence to the last one. The troupe came up to the expactations, with the titular protagonist's part being a genuine display of masterly skills. I am sure John Bigelow's Hamlet's part will go down to posterity of the theatre. The rest of the team were no worse than that, that is why I am not going to favour anybody else in particular. The stage design perfectly rendered the reality and the atmosphere of the epoch on the one hand, and commented on the generality of the fate of Shakespearian human being on the other. The musical score, composed for the play by Stan Matiushko, was a brilliant one, too. At moments it accompanied the action discreetly and as if from afar, only to intrude with an uncompromising force into the state of affairs at crucial moments.

Do I not seem completely enchanted by the performance? Well, I am enchanted. It was such a splendid staging that I had to toil a lot to pick up any holes. And you know me well, my critical attitude, do you not? There was one thing that Idisgruntled me a little. I do not know what criteria were accepted by the creditor for his choice of the parts to be omitted in his production. In particular, I cannot understand why he decided to take out one third of the famous 'to be or not to be' soliloquy. One does not do such tings to Hamlet, do they? Let us say Banks had a point, although I personally cannot see it. With this title dissonance, however, I strongly recommend that you should go to see Banks' Hamlet as soon as possible. The sooner the better!

I'd like to see posts refering to vocabulary not to grammar.
Can you make this text more exquisite??
maybe mg, Eve, maverick, terri??
merix:d
I've glanced at this. Generally not bad at all - except (as you know, spelling and grammar mistakes) - but somehow it still sounds as if it was written by a non-native. In order to change it to more native-like I'd have to change your words, structure etc. Did you write all this yourself or did you take parts out of a review?
Grammar mistakes ?? - where??
as for vocabulary - could you give some hints, terri?
One does not do such tings to Hamlet, do they? (does one?)
yup!

what about better voc - terri?
I'd like to be at CPE level!!
I have seen the last production - I had the wonderful pleasure of seeing... the ...
I do not remember a greater success and I can bet half of my money(co tylko half- nie calosc?) .. I cannot recall a greater success and I could bet my bottom dollar...
troche od temamtu - ale dzis znalazlam fajna strone:
www.thebigproject.co.uk/news
gazety w jez. ang - mozna przeczytac dzisiejsze gazety z UK - napewno tam znajdziesz mnostwo nowych slow.
Thnx terri!!

I'll cast my eye over that!!
A o co chodzi, bo ja nie rozumiem?
sorry, but dont's get it?

What do you mean?
I wrote the essay which was checked by an eminent terri who directed me what to improve and where I can find some good vocabulary to learn.
what a compliment 'eminent' - not yet, but maybe one day...
nb. that webpage includes newspapers from all over the world - worth reading if you have time.
As for me, you're an eminent teacher, terri.
I'd like to be as wise as you're one day.....
Thank you.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.