The state on the English Only sub-forum

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
I've noticed that we have threads that are from 2011 on the first page of this sub-forum, it's literally on its death-kneel. I wonder why is that? To tell the truth I haven't been visiting ang.pl for about 4 or 5 years so I don't know the current situation here. Do we still have this very professional mg person helping people out? That man has a passion for this language, that's for sure. What I wanted to ask is if it's only English Only that seems all but dead or did it spread to other forums? If it's only English Only that has almost no attendance at all I wonder why that is. It's English you want to learn, right? You guys speak polish just fine no need to waste any more time on it. Are you people ashamed to make mistakes? Everyone makes mistakes, even in their mother tongue. A fellow poster on this board said that my English is so bad that I shouldn't even waste my time and other's people's time and don't post anything in English until I learn how to do it properly. The point is you are always going to come across people who think that your English should have never left the class room, it would be nice if they kept that thought to themselves but they want reach the biggest audience just out of spite. At the very least they should have the decency to leave some constructive criticism. But that always never happen, it would actually require some thought from them. It's always easier to leave criticism without any advice how to improve or what could be better, what's bad etc. Constructive criticism, even the harsh variety, is something I want, blind bashing, on the other hand, is not.
edytowany przez LeptonEN: 27 sie 2014
We mainly help here, not many people to smalltalk to. And yes, mg is still da best, he is our Tomasz Judym here.
On more than once occassion in thre last few days, I have clearly stated, that if you make a mistake in speaking English, you are put in prison for a term of at least 5 years.
That is why people do not want to open their mouths. Simples!. They are simply scared! :-)
I have a feeling that Lepton is actually grudziu sockpuppeting :P
Without a doubt ,even more people are thought to be good over here. At the end of the day , everyone who keeps practicing - gets more and more better.
edytowany przez Robbertoxx: 28 sie 2014
Cytat: zielonosiwy
I have a feeling that Lepton is actually grudziu sockpuppeting :P

I would not like to think that this is the case. That would be a really silly thing to do. Surely, he realizes that we can trace the IP addresses. We are like Judy Judy : "We know everything".
Who is grudziu? What makes you think I'm him and why would someone have multiple accounts on a forum like this? Was he banned or what? What was he banned for? Should I take comparing me to him as an insult?
As a compliment :)
Cytat: LeptonEN
Who is grudziu? What makes you think I'm him and why would someone have multiple accounts on a forum like this? Was he banned or what? What was he banned for? Should I take comparing me to him as an insult?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much :-)
Well , you could have as well been our the PM ,Terri. I think that we all could benefit a lot from that - presumably you won't let our government make mistakes and above all, you wouldn;t have desired to ' polish your English " like mr. Tusk, the President of the EU;)
I obviously was joking about that and I hope that Terri will not hold that against me and she has still got the good sense of humour .;)
and yes , we cannot let this sub- forum crumble down . I guess it's up to Terri & Co. I am no as good as she is. ..perhaps one day this i'll be ;)
Cytat: Robbertoxx
Well , you could have as well been our the PM ,Terri. I think that we all could benefit a lot from that - presumably you won't let our government make mistakes and above all, you wouldn;t have desired to ' polish your English " like mr. Tusk, the President of the EU;)

I don't have great political ambitions, well not as yet. First I'm going to run for the President of Krakow and if that is successful (only need about 2 million signatures - pikus) then my next step will be a run for the President of Poland.
I anticipate being successful, as I will NEVER take any salary for the job - I would do it for nothing. Now, how many intelligent women would want to devote their life towards saving Poland? :-)
You should follow your ambition , it is beyond any doubt...sadly i don't think that we have got lots of people willing to do something great for our beloved country. I am entirely convinced that we have to re - consider our approach to the both politics and politicians all over Europe. Do you share my poit of view that the EU is going to be about to crumble. I've had heard a rumor that the UK is willing to be out of the EU at all .
Terri@ I've known that i have done a couple of common mistakes here and there ..it was mainly all about being in a hurry , i couldn't take my mind going straight ..anyways, i hope my lines were understandable:)
Cytat: RobbertoxxI
popraw, Roberto
I've known that i have done

popraw Roberto :-)
MAKE a mistake not do a mistake ...now I know, thank you for being careful with reading.
I have known that I made/ I know that I made .... would also be acceptable depending the context, wouldn't it?
I've had heard a rumor that the UK is willing to be out of the EU at all .

If we get the chance 99% of people will vote OUT.
Well , I think the way out would have been amongst better ones. We should not be too naive to dive into thinking that our The Prime Minister is willing to do his best for us .
He's rather willing to keep his ass intact within 2,5 years or even longer doing almost nothing significant in particular for our beloved Country to get things going better . I am not entirely convinced it had been the right decision to put him over there but for now , we will have to get over that one way ot the other and look forward to better :)
You have no idea about all that, Rob
Well,I don't maintain that I was right but I have only put out these things from my perspective. You have all rights to disagree . We don't have to have Arcibishop's brain to conclude that something's up to no good.
Well,I don't maintain that I was right but I have only put out these things from my perspective. You have
all rights to disagree.

Don't you think it's all too simple to be true?
We don't have to have Arcibishop's brain to conclude that something's up to no good.

I really hope you're just kidding X_X
ArcHbishop
I obviously was kidding , quite to be honest, I've got nothing to do with politicians but the only thing is that we all , as the Country deserve better after all these years . What is ahead? Hmm Time will tell. I have not antipiciated for the worse but let's just sit and wait calmly ;)
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

»

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie