American English worse than British counterpart???

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
I\'ve noticed that on most entry examinations or exams for English certificates (excluding TOEFL widely known as American origin) etc. examinators accept onlz British spelling ang grammar. In my school my teacher says that it\'s my choice whether to learn Americam English or British one, so I CANNOT COMPREHEND why British English is widely acceptable in spite of American (though the latter has simplier grammar). Can somebody answer my question?
You can use American spelling in FCE and the other cambridge examinations, but you must be consistent, i.e. don\'t write \'colour\" in one sentence and \"defense\" in the next one.
I\'m aware of that,b ut you didn\'t ANSWER MY QUESTION:) Moreover I\'ve heard recently that examiner (if they hear you speaking AE) won\'t tell you anthing but they\'ll simply fail you:(
British English is widely acceptable because it is used by several dozen million people. Don\'t believe in stories about examiners failing candidates for using American English. Think of a more natural explanation :-)
mg Ok then which one do you porefer AE or BE?? I, for one like listening to the X-Files series andenjoy the ACCENT OF scully or mulder :):)
you should be able to guess it from the way I write.

BTW. my favourite joke:
An English lady asks an American:
What would you say to a cup of coffee?
The American thinks for a moment and then says:
I\'d say \'Hello, cup of coffee\'!
Im ny opinion none language should be treated better than other!
A very nice joke!!! Do you know others? mg?
A very nice joke!!! Do you know others? mg?
Well, here\'s one that only works in British English:
What do you call a deer without eyes?
No idea!
And a deer without eyes or legs?
Still no idea!
Well, you haven\'t finished the joke - you missed the last line which I like best:)))
I think, Fuki, that when taking exam in english it doesn\'t matter wether you say wardrobe or closet, but when takling about grammar: Americans usually use, for example, present perfect tense and past simple in the same situations - they don\'t see a difference and that\'s the problem, when being examined - you use past simple when it\'s required to use present perfect, altough it\'s correct in Am E you make a mistake in British English...
Blast! I have no f... idea what you mean. :-)
rite
that\'s exactly what I mean:)))
But what is the ultimate missing part?
OK, I will write it down.... :P

What do you call a deer which has no eyes, no legs and makes sex?
Still, f***ing no idea?

Isn\'t it the line which makes the whole joke worth remebering.
Just imagine such a deer.... :P
What perverted ideas certain teacher entertain :-)
I\'m past 10 pages on North Korean ants, past 3 pages on gastrointestinal fistulae and... off to bed.
Another day of oral exams tomorrow...

Bye!
teacherS
hm...perverted ideas?

it\'s you who\'s talking about an ORAL exam.
but is it perversion after all?
what is the original version of the commercial for a famous toothbrush...?
ORAL BE! ANAL CACY!
Don\'t worry, it\'s just a rumor, hopefully not a true one. I have an American accent (Mid West as Americans I\'ve met claim) and I passed both FCE and CPE.

So don\'t believe in such gossips.
BTW, American English is more expansive, as there are mainly American movies and shows on TV in most (European at least) countries, American music is popular probably all over the world, even in Britain Americanisms permeate to the language. Such an amount can\'t be just ignored.

And cambridge are impartial exams certyfying that you have a good command of English. It means that you\'ve aquired and developed the four skills (speaking, wrting, listening, reading) and as long as you\'re fully comprehensible you pass irrespective of the accent. (it can even be a strong POlish one)

Regards,
KOciamama.
Kociamama,
why don´t you just shut up for a while, you´re so full of yourself, ´I passed both FCE and CPE ´ ho ho ho , who gives a fuck about that ?
Oh no, you again? Why don't you shut up for a while if all you can do is just bark and bite?
western european tourist failed to notice the date :-}
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Studia językowe

»

Szkoły językowe