tactical

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Czy można przetłumaczyć "tactical" jako "praktyczny"?
The general took a tactical decision about the position of his troops.
ok, ale "tactical wisdom" to może być "praktyczna mądrość"?
edytowany przez czarna_malwa: 19 lis 2013
Tactical to też: "Characterized by adroitness, ingenuity, or skill." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tactical
pomogłoby gdybyś podała jakiś kontekst
tactical = zielony

I needed to buy some copybook covers. I knew the teacher gave better marks to those who had copybooks with green covers. At the shop, there were green and yellow ones.
So which did you buy?
E. I made a tactical choice = PL. kupilem zielone
"Because the Buddha viewed all issues of experience, from the gross to the subtle, in terms of intentional actions and their results, his tactical standard for wisdom applies to all levels as well, from the wisdom of simple generosity to the wisdom of emptiness and ultimate Awakening. Wisdom on all levels is wise because it works."
Albo tu:
"This is a general principle: attachment and addiction are not metaphysical problems. They're tactical ones."
W tym tekście bardzo często pojawia się "tactical"
edytowany przez czarna_malwa: 19 lis 2013
Nie potrafię pomóc. Trzeba chyba znać cały tekst.
>> from the gross to the subtle, in terms of intentional actions and their results, his tactical standard for wisdom

moze ta definicja bedzie pomocna:

tactical, a.
2.a. Of or relating to arrangement, esp. the arrangement of procedure with a view to ends.

moze zwiazne jednak z ' umiejetnoscia wyboru' i procesem jednak ( mg wyzej)

nie wydale mie sie ze tu mozna tak przetlumaczyc jak 'praktyczna madrosc'

practical to practical

When experience imparts in a person practical wisdom then Aristotle views it as axiomatic that ethical behaviour will result as' it is impossible to be practically wise without being good' (Aristotle, 1925, p. 1144). # Aristotle's Ethics reveal a belief that practical wisdom is available to everyone, by virtue of their own experiences.
edytowany przez savagerhino: 19 lis 2013
jakies zwierze mi na klawiature skoczylo, powaznie
a savage rhino, perhaps? :-)
no, just some fat slab tabby :)
Cytat: savagerhino
jakies zwierze mi na klawiature skoczylo, powaznie

Sav, was it a furbearing animal or pet? Judging from two dots, there had to be two ants 'jumping' on the keyboard, or just one ant jumping twice on a full stop button. :-)
the beast weighs a good 13 pounds already, it's no kidstuff, you know
and he's always trying to level the playing field with me like he was some kind of big shot home runner :), oh, no, no, he's no pushover..

no, just some fat slab tabby :)

You once mentioned having a tabby cat. :) Bengal tiger, that pussy.
>>Bengal tiger, that pussy.

well, like I said, he's no sitting duck in that regard ;0
>>>the beast weighs a good 13 pounds already,

Damn, buddy, what do you feed him on then? Omnivorous? :) Why not get him some bitch to relax? Sex is a good way to burn calories. :) Just kidding!
>>Bengal tiger, that pussy.

well, like I said, he's no sitting duck in that regard ;0

Lol. Was certain that you'd get your own back at this one, mate :).
edytowany przez grudziu: 19 lis 2013
one thing I'm sure about ..although he doesn't speak 'much' English, he's passive bilingual:) because he always knows what I'm talking about.
Sounds like my plastic owl. The best listener EVER!
but you can't do anything with plastic, can you?:))

ok, I'm sorry if I was out of line with that plasting thing ok:)
eehm. OK.
I'll leave you guys to continue that one... :-)))
ok Aleksandra :)
to round it out nicely ..and to all those 'male linguists' after divorcing their wives together with their tabby cats, you can do the same thing as this Detroit guy did..:)

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2851297960001/man-buys-house-next-to-ex-wife-erects-middle-finger-statue/?playlist_id=94[tel]

p.s. come to think of it, he went tactical :)

"...so I don't see a crucifix as a problem, but a big giant .... that's fine" haha
You made my day, Sav :). This blonde's point really made me laugh.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Studia językowe

»

Praca za granicą