Airplane model czy model airplane?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Dzień dobry,
Do tej pory wyrażenia takie jak poniżej tłumaczyłem w podany sposób:
model samolotu - airplane model lub aircraft model,
plastikowy model samolotu - airplane plastic model.
Wydawało mi się, że określniki stoją przed rzeczownikiem.
Ale w Internecie zdaża mi się natknąć na inny porządek wyrazów, np. w Wikipedii jest odwrotnie: model aircraft- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_aircraft
A Google obydwa zwroty: airplane model i model airplane tłumaczy tak samo: model samolotu!
Przyznam, że jestem trochę zdezorientowany.
Czy obydwie metody są prawidłowe?
Jak prawidłowo przetłumaczyć zwroty takie jak: model samolotu i plastikowy model samolotu?

Będę wdzięczny za wyjaśnienie lub linki, gdzie mógłbym o tym poczytać?
raczej tylko 'model airplane/aircraft' - 'model' to tutaj przymiotnik
1. model samolotu = the model of an airplane (=an airplane model), or the model of an aircraft (=an aircraft model)
2. plastikowy model samolotu = the plastic model of an airplane/aircraft = a plastic airplane/aircraft model
3. a model airplane = one serving as an example (or specimen) of airplane
Cytat:
3. a model airplane = one serving as an example (or specimen) of airplane

Nie w tym kontekście.

Muszę przyznać, Panie Janski, że coraz słabiej Panu wychodzi to udawanie native'a.
plastic model [aircraft/airplane/plane] = model samolotu (jako kopia/miniatura)
[aircraft/airplane/plane] model to jakis model danego samolotu = model samolotu (rodzaj/egzemplarz), np Boeing 747 dla wczesniejszego Boeinga 707
A Google obydwa zwroty: airplane model i model airplane tłumaczy tak samo: model samolotu!
Przyznam, że jestem trochę zdezorientowany.

As you said, in "airplane model," "airplane" modifies "model"; in "model airplane", "model" modifies "airplane."

The phrase "the model of an airplane" can be transformed into "an airplane model" while keeping in mind which is the object modeled (airplane) and which is its representation (model).

In a toy store you could buy a kit with all the plastic parts of a Boeing 747 to assemble and the glue to fix them in place. Let's say you have assembled it and now you can fly your model of the Boeing 767 in the park with your friends. It's a cute Boeing 747, a model plane (not the real thing), a toy, a miniature, but even a toy airplane is airplane, right? You can say you added a Boeing 747 model airplane to your collection of model airplanes (=to your collection of models of airplanes).

Now the serious stuff: there are "airplane models" and almost equivalent in meaning "models of airplanes." On the other hand, there are "model airplanes," but there are no "airplanes of models." Why? The problem is the noun "airplane": it is not relational. It means it does not have what it takes to be in relationship with other nouns. "Model" is relational and willingly participates in the relational of-construction "models of things."
moze jeszcze tak to mozna zobrazowac:
Guys, have a look at my model aircraft of the latest aircraft model by Boeing.
czy tez
Guys, have a look at my model aircraft of the latest Boeing aircraft model.
czyli spojrzcie na moj model /miniaturke/ samolotu najnowszego modelu /typu/ samolotu firmy Boeing

tak samo jak w przypadku samochodu:
Guys, have a look at my model car of the latest (car) model by Ford.
czy tez
Guys, have a look at my model car of the latest Ford (car) model.
czyli spojrzcie na moj model /zabawke/ samochodu najnowszego modelu /typu/ (samochodu) firmy Ford
w nawiasie to zbedne elementy
Dziękuje za wszystkie odpowiedzi. Bardzo mi pomogły. Załapałem, o co chodzi.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa

»

Pomoc językowa