what is your favourite language?

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-51 z 51
| następna
>You are right... It sounds much better when a "handsome Argentinian"
>is whispering "Te quiero" then a German who is whispering "Ich liebe
>dich"

though my favourite is Spanish, and German is for me just alright, I must admit I am no longer sure whether hearing 'ich liebe dich' wouldn't be better.
On my last visit to Germany I discovered they've got there a lot of handsome guys:))
>You are right... It sounds much better when a "handsome Argentinian"
>is whispering "Te quiero" then a German who is whispering "Ich liebe
>dich"

While we're on this 'anti-German' note, let me share a rather stereotypical joke. At a conference of linguists, experts from different countries are discussing the beauty of the words for 'butterfly" in their languages. AFrench delegate says "Well, it papillon in French. Just consider the vowels a-i-o. The i in the middle is thin just like the middle part of a butterfly's body, and the a and o are beautiful vowels and they correspond to the wings in flight. One of these vowels is pronounced with the jaw in a bit lower position than for the other vowel and this is what a butterfly's wings look like in flight - they're hardly ever on the same level.
Then a Polish expert says: well, we call it 'motyl'. The first three lteers make us think about 'motors' - think of a powerful engine that supports this fragile creature in the air. As for the other two letters, y is a high vowel and l begins the world for 'fly' so this makes us think of flight again.
A Russian delegate: babochka in Russian. You know about the beauty of the vowels already; note also a symmetry in our word - a-o-a, isn't it great? Now the word is obviously derived from 'bab' so that there is a feminine quality when we think of butterflies.
An Englishman: well, the first part of our word may not sound pleasant at all in this context but we believe that it is associated with the word 'better'. And the second part just speaks for itself.
Finally, it's time for a German delegate to speak. He stands up and says: And we call it der Schmetterling. Thank you for your attention.
My favourite one...

I think, that I haven't got a favourite language.
English pronounciation is as beautiful as simple for me :) This is the greatest advantage of this language.

Next - German. When I was at the very beginning, no one was aware how angry I was;) It seemed to me, that I was a hopeless, good-for-nothing creature, because - I can say it with a clear conscience - I understood nothing.
When I managed to say something 'auf Deutsch', I was on cloud nine but not German, but English words came to my mind. Always English and everywhere English. It was horrible. During the first month I was down in the dumps. But I was getting accustomed to German pronounciation, I found advantages of this language, it didn't sound so strange.

Now I've been learning German 17, 18 months or so... I don't remember :) Anyway, more than a year. I found English beautiful and German as well. Certainly, I know much more nowadays.
But it isn't the end :) Now I have been learning Spanish for... maybe 2 weeks. I know little, very little but enough to state, that Spanish is a beautiful language:). Am I crazy? No, I don't think so.

Every language is unique and beautiful one way or another.
Although, as far German is concerned, it was hard...
For me all these three languages are beautiful - and I suppose, that I will find beautiful every language, which I will learn. :)
In an office:

WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN

In New Orleans:

TYPHOON RIPS THROUGH CEMETERY - HUNDREDS DEAD !
It is true that German is very hard to learn. I was quite lucky, because it was my first foreign language and I started to learn in when I was about 5 or 6 years old. It is a quite strange history. My parents have bought a new Tv with satellite and there were some German channels. I started to watch some cartoons and after a while I was able to understand this language. It seems unbelievable but it was in so. Nevertheless I have to practise it all the time and don`t have much time for other things, especially during the summer. I am worried that I don`t have enough time even to learn English but I promised myself that I start this month and will do it every day. I hope it is possible.

rgds

nowaczek
All seems penetrable and reachable...Man entwickelt sich immer und immer...as far as languages are concerned...On manque beaucoup mais on n'arrait jamais...Mir alles scheint moglich...Miais cela depend de l'attitude, il faut s'ouvrir aux possibilites qui peuvent t'aider a devenir une etoile du soir...Es geht hier nicht um sich beklagen wie schlecht man sich fuhlt...sondern um teilnehmen an alles was moglich ist...Nothing reached, nothing gained, so let us dry the tears and leave behind the obstacles that seem to cast a shadow on our ability to act accordingly to our conscious...:-)
I like Polish the most because I had lernt it quicker than others:) - It took me only about 3-4 years to speak very fluently and my profinency in it came very fast:)

The second language I like to learn is English and I'm not going to ramble on it because it's kind of obvious that if I'm here I want to learn English.

And the third but not least is German. Before i started to learn this language i thougt I wouldn't like it - This was general opinion and I ,as the rest, was saying that German sounds like barking of dog and French is so melodius.

In high school I had big luck to have wonderful German techer - and though I have learnt French for 3 years before (with pathetic results) i took up German. Now I'm attending German and English lessons also after school. And sometimes I even think that German is easier:) That is because of tenses... which are torment for me in English. You always have to think" Which tense will suit here the best and why.." And i'm afraid I'm making a lot of mistakes.. (even in this text) And the worst is - I know all of the rules but everytime it's so difficult to decide which tense suits.

In German there are no such problems (maybe I'm on the low level and it's a reason- I don't know) Yes- You have to learn many things by heart (declension for example) but when you learnt it - there are no obscure situation.

And I agree with umcau. "i read your comments - its like reading newspaper, i mean you are really advanced" It should be in every book concerning methods of lerning English a point "Read forum on www.ang.pl" :)

If you notice some kind of mistakes -please correct me. :)
I want to add something - about this learning two or more languages.I think that is true what nowaczek said. That these who works in different aers than lingwistic - don't have time to learn many languages.

Agus - you study English - so you will be working as a teacher or translator - and if you know more language - you can only take advantage of this and be teacher or translator not only in one language.

But what about other who study medicine? physisc? other things - english is always necessary - but those poeple don't have to know more languages and even don't have time for this if there are to be experts in their aeras.

So it's good for you to take up new languages and I said even more - you friends from university are doing wrong if they don't want to learn sth more than only English because there are more and more students who know English very well AND additionally they know lot about their subject.

We have many teachers and translators especially when we are considering English. What they are going to do if they won't get job?

Knowing many language,you (Agus) have more ways to get a job.

Good for you and good luck:)
hmmm I don't know. Probably I havn't got favourite language...I study english, german...I know Polish of course and I would like to Spanish.
"We have many teachers and translators especially when we are considering English. What they are going to do if they won't get job?"

Yeay we have got manh of them but they were not able to translate EU treaty correctly LOL!!.
1.Polish:)) 2.English 3.Russian My english is still poor, especially speakig and listening and writing. I think only reading is so so:))
I like speaking English and Polish. I think our mother tongue is beautiful, although sometimes might be difficult, but all in all, it's great.
Why English? I've been learning it for a couple of years and I know it quite well, besides, I love speaking English, unfortunately, I haven't got many opportunities to talk to any natives.

And I would like to take up Dutch :) If I knew it quite well, I'd really like speaking it :D

Best wishes,
Mady
Portugese-soft,melodic,just beautiful;spanish-simple and exotic;english-simple and useful ; russian-language of good literature;swedish- very melodic and a bit weird as to me;french-useful for learning other romanian languages.
Japanese and hindi-both of them are all greek to me.However, I understand the meaning of some signs and the philosophy of language lying behind them.Both ancient and mystical.
Suahili-old and beautiful.
Hmm...I have to admit that your post made me really sad.Why do you give up so easily?If no specific date looms on horizon for regular learning you will probably never fullfil your ambition of improving your skills.Is it really so difficult to establish a routine of half an hour a day twice a week for learning a foreign language?It really works. With regard to your questions:
1 how do you find enough time to devote to all
those languages? I use some of mine spare time for it.Sometimes even late in the evening.Just for fun.And twice a week I go to language classes.Last year I was attending English classes-before taking CAE exam,this year I concentrate on Spanish.
2 Do you have a special system or just learn
spontaneously the language you feel like at a particular moment?
Both.My system is simple-use each language in all forms-written,spoken,oral as often as possible.Do not neglect grammar-it really helps to clarify why and when you say certain things, use a particular collocation or construction.
3 Don;t you confuse them all?
Sometimes but it's very rare.When I'm talking to different people at the same time in different languages.Especially when I'm concerning someones' question very deeply.Then I might start giving an answer in previously used language or I can not find the right name for something.
But the more I practise all languages at the same time the less often it happens.
It's true that usually comes up the word in a lnguage in which you have better command.That's why when I'm learning a new word I often write it down in all languages I know.It helps.Later all of them come up to mind alltogether as a one logical conotation with a polish word.
Since you can describe these languages, you are learning them all, aren't you?
But so many.... the only comment: oh my God! ;-)
Spanish Spanish and one more time Spanish.It used to be English but now it's on the second place.I learned also German and .I am really happy I hadn't to cope with Russian.Alphabet is terryfing!!!I would like to be able to learn Italian or French
English of course. Than comes German. I'd also like to learn Spanish and Italian. They sound nice to me. I already have some basic knowledge of Spanish.
For me personally the most beautiful language in the world is French.
Nothing can compare to its melody and beauty, just beauty... I'm saying it from a perspective of a person who just got DPh in German.
p.nowaczek michał?odpowiedz jesli masz na imie michał.
l33t 101
For me, English is the most beautiful language. I study English at UMK University. There's a lot of advantages of learning English, as everyone knows English is the most common language all over the world. We can talk in that language almost everywhere. Without doubt there's a lot of people who don't love :D this language. I have been learning language for about 5 years and I'm doing it now... It's good for me that I can talk in English with Englishmen I've met several years ago. I plan going to London this summer - such trips are very teachful and full of adventures as well as experiences. I also study Spanish language which is very beautiul as well, but I don't pay attention too much for this language, because I wanna develop with English :)
I wish you everyone luck whenever you need...
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
31-51 z 51
| następna

« 

Praca za granicą

»

English only