grammar problems

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
And now for something completely different. How many mistakes can you spot:

...Several boys, including Tom and I, snuck over the wall and dove into the bushes beside the entry, where we waited for whomever was designated to open the door. Instead, cops rushed up. Some of the boys got away, but the cops handcuffed Tom and myself and forced us to lay face down on the drive.
They questioned Tom first, probably because he's older than me, but anyone who thinks he would rat out the others should have their head examined. Its out of the question - Tom's one of those guys who plays by the rules.
At least 7.
Ja też 7. Jeśli ma być 10, ciekawa jestem jakie są te pozostałe.
Kochani! no to powiedzcie gdzie te mistakes,bo sie glowie nad tym i spac nie bede w Sylwestra z tego powodu!
ullak-
czy przypadkiem widzialas ten tekst juz wczesniej?
Jest ich 10.
...Several boys, including Tom and 'I' (me), 'snuck' (sneaked) over the wall and 'dove' (dived) into the bushes beside the entry, where we waited for 'whomever' (whoever) was designated to open the door. Instead, cops rushed up. Some of the boys got away, but the cops handcuffed Tom and 'myself' (me) and forced us to 'lay' (lie) face down on the drive.
They questioned Tom first, probably because he's older than 'me' (I), but anyone who thinks he would rat out the others should have 'their' (his) head examined. 'Its' (It's) out of the question - Tom's one of those guys who 'plays' (play) by the rules.
I may be wrong but ...

- including Tom and 'I' - brzmi do zaakceptowania, jeśli "Tom & I" to taka spółka akcyjna
- and 'dove' - jest poprawne w AE
- handcuffed Tom and 'myself' - bardzo często używane. dla emfazy?
- he's older than 'me' - to jest źle???
- anyone who thinks ... should have 'their' - a poprawność polityczna?
@bb
no wlasnie...
???
>- handcuffed Tom and 'myself' - bardzo często używane. dla emfazy?

tak samo jak 'I got me' jako kupiłem sobie
jesli uznamy snuck i dove za poprawne, bo to AmEng, to blędów jest tylko 8 :)
Ja wyłapałam wszystkie z wyjątkiem dove, snuck (dla mnie to jest poprawnie) i lay (jakoś mi umknęło ;)

their nie zamieniłabym na "his" tylko ostatecznie na "his or her", a najprawdopodobniej to przepisałabym całe zdanie tak, aby w ogóle tego jakoś uniknąć.
Nie sądzę żeby older than me to byl jakiś wielki błąd, ja tego jako błąd nie uznaję :)
to Its/it's pod koniec bylo sprytne
>>jesli uznamy snuck i dove za poprawne, bo to AmEng, to blędów jest
tylko 8- tak, jak to AmE - ale ja bralam to z BrE.
Yeah, but this was an exercise in prescriptive not descriptive grammar.
let's talk prescriptive grammar then:
- "older than me" jest poprawne - patrz (np., w innych podręcznikach też do odnalezienia): A Practical English Grammar, Thomson & Martinet p. 39; An A-Z of English Gramnmar and Usage, Swan p. 355
- "Tom and I" jest poprawne - patrz: Swan, p. 356

resztę też podtrzymuję (c above), czyli 4 błędy. Your call ;)
>>
1.'She is as old as I am' czy 'She is as old as me'.
2. 'She is older than I am' czy 'She is older than me'
3. ...'including Tom and she' czy 'including Tom and her'
4 ...'including Tom and I' czy ...'including Tom and me'
>1.'She is as old as I am' czy 'She is as old as me'.
Oba
>2. 'She is older than I am' czy 'She is older than me'
Oba. i jeszcze 'She is older than I', też poprawne
>3. ...'including Tom and she' czy 'including Tom and her'
'Tom and her'; pronoun w mianowniku jest w złączeniach typu x&y zarezerwowany dla 'I' i 'we'; przynajmniej wg źródeł
>4 ...'including Tom and I' czy ...'including Tom and me'
Oba. choć, jak pisałam wyżej, 'Tom and I' ma znaczenie specyficzne.
korzystałam ze źródeł tych, co wyżej. poprawka: nie Swan tylko Leech (Swan, niestety, stoi za choinką, nie mogę dosięgnąć ;))
After "than" object forms (me) are used in an informal style. On multiple choice tests, if both options (object and subject forms) are presented, you should choose subject forms.
A co znaczy 'rat out'-sadzilem,ze w kontekscie chodzi o 'rat on sb' to znaczy- sypnac kogos.
To znaczy to samo.
Ale nie wiem czy nie powinno byc czasem rat the others out.
Temat przeniesiony do archwium.

« 

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie

»

Pomoc językowa - tłumaczenia