Marital status

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Cześć. W pracy muszę uzupełnić w systemie pewne personal data i niestety nie wszystko jest dla mnie zrozumiałe a szczególnie marital status. Czego nie rozumiem do końca to: NTBD, CLAW, Cohab (przeczytałam trochę, ale jeśli LiveIn jest całkiem podobne to nie widzę różnicy).
Ktoś chętny do pomocy?
claw - być może 'common law', czyli życie ze stałym partnerem/partnerką bez ślubu
ntbd - not to be disclosed? (nie podawać)
No i właśnie CLAW, LiveIn oraz Cohab to jest to samo :D
Cytat: silwja0
No i właśnie CLAW, LiveIn oraz Cohab to jest to samo :D

cohab vs common law marriage
They are very similar in their lexical meaning but there might be a slight difference in terms of federal income tax burden or 'relief', so to speak. (U.S. Federal Tax Code, Internal Revenue Service-IRS)

If you're in the state that doesn't recognize a common law marriage and you didn't form a legal cohab contract and you don't meet certain requirements, like for example you don't intend to marry your 'honey' and you are just 'shacking up' with her/him/it:) to screw the IRS, you can't file jointly on your income taxes. You would be considered 'single' here no matter what.

And it's different in those states that do recognize the common law marriage for federal tax purposes. It's just easier to deal with all these quagmires there in this sense.
edytowany przez savagerhino: 01 sty 2015

« 

Pomoc językowa - Sprawdzenie

»

Nauka języka