Stopniowanie przymiotników

Temat przeniesiony do archwium.
Dzień dobry,
uprzejmie proszę o wytłumaczenie, jak to jest z przymiotnikami dwu-sylabowymi. Czy np. przymiotnik funny można poprawnie przestopniować jako funnier i more funny? Funnier brzmi bardziej naturalnie, ale w wielu źródłach jest napisane, że przymiotniki dwu-sylabowe można stopniować w dowolny sposób.

Pozdrawiam
When talking about two separate entities, funnier is the way to go. It is the comparative of funny. For example, walking out of a comedy open mic, you might remark to your friend, “The first comedian was definitely funnier than the second.” Or, if you’re having your own little friendly competition, you might protest, “My joke was funnier than yours!”

On the other side of that coin, when talking about things that lack humor — or lack it in comparison to other things — you could say, “The second comedian was not as funny as the first,” or “Your joke was less funny than mine.”

The term more funny on its own feels a bit awkward and thus generally does not hold up. Funnier has a built-in comparative aspect and an easier flow off the tongue.

Comparing to itself
When the comparison is more vague or internally focused, “more” and “less” come into play in a more prominent manner. Let’s say you have seen a movie that you found moderately humorous; you might say, “It was more or less funny,” or “It was more funny than not.” This tells the listener that you are willing to cede some level of humor — but not that it was the funniest thing ever.

https://livexp.com/blog/funnier-or-more-funny-which-is-correct/?utm_source=blog-en&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=%2Fblog%2Ffunnier-or-more-funny-which-is-correct%2F

»

Pomoc językowa